Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester 24i Junior HW problem, your suggestions please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Havent been to the job yet but i was hpoing you guys might be able to give me a little heads up on the problem.

worcester 24i junior is only giving hot water for a short period of time, then it cuts out. I was thinking pcb possibly.

cheers guys

Last edited:
Thermistor, dicky flow switch or plate heat exchanger, also pcb a possibility

This isn't the private forum

Could do with a different colour background in the gsr only forum, don't know if it would work on tapatalk though

Mike. Just be sure to read the bottem. Registered is private forum

Havent been to the job yet but i was hpoing you guys might be able to give me a little heads up on the problem.

worcester 24i junior is only giving hot water for a short period of time, then it cuts out. I was thinking pcb possibly.

cheers guys

Heads up TFG ... Don't throw in the bit at the end of your OP! Not meaning to be condersending just kind of says you are guessing and may need someone more up on repairs ... IMHO :)

Heads up TFG ... Don't throw in the bit at the end of your OP! Not meaning to be condersending just kind of says you are guessing and may need someone more up on repairs ... IMHO :)

Well excuse me for asking for a little advice. I just though that somebody might be able to give me a just an idea of what I might be looking for. As I dont have alot of experience in Fault finding. I havent been to the job yet as its a considerable distance from me; so iam going on what I have been told. I thought if I did a bit of research I might be able to solve it more quickly. And as I inderstand it the only way to get experience in fault finding and boiler repair is to do it.

Kind regards

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not brilliantly experienced in Fault Finding, just try to remember the sequence of operation for the boiler on DHW,
If the boiler is firing up and working on DHW then cutting off, I would tend to assume the Flow Switch is sound, and you are looking at either a blockage or a safety device (I.E a Thermistor) Cutting the boiler off

My next port of call would be to check the thermistor (Check its resistances with a manometer when hot and then when cold and refer back to manufacturers instructions)
Then check the plate to plate heat exchanger for signs of magnetite build up, as they block very easily.
Your original assumption about the PCB could well be right, but check the other bits first as they are far less expensive and less of a gamble to replace.
Also remember you can always call the Manufacturer for advice if unsure (Although in my experience with Worcester they don't often help very much)

TFG, you've done well to show initiative and research beforehand.

I think what most of the guys are trying to say that if they told you what the fault was on this open part of the forum, anyone could look at it. Which might mean that someone who has the same fault will fix it themselves instead of calling out a Gas Safe registered engineer. This will result in loss of work for us gas fitters/engineers.

I think everyone here is more than happy to help to you, but they've got to protect their own livelihood at the same time.

Post in the Plumbers Arms and you'll have more help.

I think what most of the guys are trying to say that if they told you what the fault was on this open part of the forum, anyone could look at it. Which might mean that someone who has the same fault will fix it themselves instead of calling out a Gas Safe registered engineer. This will result in loss of work for us gas fitters/engineers.

I think everyone here is more than happy to help to you, but they've got to protect their own livelihood at the same time.

How do I get on to Plumber arms then

thank you

Well excuse me for asking for a little advice. I just though that somebody might be able to give me a just an idea of what I might be looking for. As I dont have alot of experience in Fault finding. I havent been to the job yet as its a considerable distance from me; so iam going on what I have been told. I thought if I did a bit of research I might be able to solve it more quickly. And as I inderstand it the only way to get experience in fault finding and boiler repair is to do it.

Kind regards

TFG as mentioned above, this forum is open so there's a reluctance to get to technical in case an avid DIYer thinks they can fix their own boiler with what is read here and could well put themselves and their family at risk. The fault you describe may well result in the need to remove the case and/or check flueways, gas rates and pressures. Boiler cutting out could be anything to be honest.

Regards gaining experience in fault finding and repairs I agree that you learn as you're going along. However know your limitations is my best advice for anyone starting out on repairs. You can do more harm than good if you're not confident in what you're doing. I am not saying that is you, by-the-way, I don't know you from Adam :) Hopefully the repair was something simple and its all sorted.

If I offended you I apologise!

My apologies Diamond gas if I appear to have been shirty towards you. The boiler locked out around 5mins of HW flow. Three out of the four LPG clyinders on the change over were emptyor very close, and the full one's valve was only open a crack/closed even. This is what I think to have been causing the problem. As I ran a bath full of HW without it locking out and this would have been impossible before.

Then whats the point in having a forum at all??
Works same way in plumbing/heating section as well plenty guys giving advice out and possibly losing work for guys who are plumbers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 24i Junior HW problem, your suggestions please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running...
Replies
Views
Hi all, 12 year old boiler, regularly serviced working fine, then wife turned on hot water and it stopped working. Same then with CH. Left it for...
Replies
Views
S
Hello All. I have a Worcester Bosch 24i RSF (NG) that until recently has been working ok (not superb, but does it’s job). What is happening is...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a...
Replies
Views
I need a little help if possible as I am trying to check that my current system is running efficiently but not really sure how to check, sorry if...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock