Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30Cdi vs Gloworm 30 Cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Which is the better boiller in your opinion. Not much in the price. I have a customer who has a father in law who used to be a plumber and told Gloworm are pretty good. Ive never fitted one. I believe they share bits from Vaillants?

Vaillant own Gloworm now however many are starting to think Vaillant are lowering their standards to Gloworms rather than the other way round

I would not but Gloworm and worcester in the same sentence.

Worcester are far better and would recommend over Gloworm any day.

imho

Which is the better boiller in your opinion. Not much in the price. I have a customer who has a father in law who used to be a plumber and told Gloworm are pretty good. Ive never fitted one. I believe they share bits from Vaillants?
I do warranty work for Glow worm its a got good features especially the CXI Ultracom with the digital status, tells you fault history etc, easy to work on and set up, the Ultracom 2 is now on market looks a better boiler. Be careful if retro fitting like all new condensing boilers the waterways are small and had lots of probs with magnetite. So Powerflush and fit a magnaclean as standard as manufacturer no longer change heat exchangers that are blocked, parts are reliable much more so than the first CX/HX/SX Range. Worcester also good boilers ensure you fit mini expansion vessels though as plastic can easily split on these. Have a look at the 30 si almost the same output as the CDI but better value

Thanks for that!! Another point Worcester are tight at momment on the 5 year warranty, G-Worm is easier to get the 5 year warranty parts n labour!!!!!

It depends if you plan to go back and maintain the installation for the years to come. Get very few call back on Vaillant, and easy to access and work on these days. Worcester loads of call backs and more painful to service (If doing a proper full service, and more costly).
Prefer the Baxi (or should i say Potterton) Platinum range if looking for combis, have not had ANY issues at all and a proper warranty !! More expensive but get what you pay for. Veissman also do a wonderful guarantee not that they cover much), but have longer term reliability. Happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 30Cdi vs Gloworm 30 Cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock