Discuss Worcester Boiler M30/42 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolvesgasman

Hi there anyone know where I can get a manual for this boiler - the number shown is for the boiler part made by Thorn about 30 years ago - but I need the Worcester manual as the problem is with flow and I think it may be pump related. The GC is 41-789-44
Cheers

maybe ..confussed.com
is not the m30/42 a thorn boiler
what has worcester got to do with things ??
can not remember worcester working with thorn ??

Hi there anyone know where I can get a manual for this boiler - the number shown is for the boiler part made by Thorn about 30 years ago - but I need the Worcester manual as the problem is with flow and I think it may be pump related. The GC is 41-789-44
Cheers
if its pump related i doubt if the MI's will help much whats the symptoms? whats the pipe layout ?

Thanks for replies - it is certainly a Worcester appliance, albeit an old one - it looks to have been designed for installing in flats as the boiler ( a floor standing thorn in grey) sits in the same casing as the hot water tank - with the controls and pump and zone valve. The fault is that the heating is coming on with the hot water - simple it must be the zone valve!! Well not quite because the valve is before the pump as currently installed - I needed the manual to check that the pump was the right way round as I feel confident someone has replaced it at some time but installed it upside down - this would make perfect sense of the zone valve. I took the GC number from the appliance to check but took it from the only plate on the appliance which was attached to the boiler which referred to the boiler part. I was surprised to find Worcester using soeone elses engine but hey ho!

Thanks for replies - it is certainly a Worcester appliance, albeit an old one - it looks to have been designed for installing in flats as the boiler ( a floor standing thorn in grey) sits in the same casing as the hot water tank - with the controls and pump and zone valve. The fault is that the heating is coming on with the hot water - simple it must be the zone valve!! Well not quite because the valve is before the pump as currently installed - I needed the manual to check that the pump was the right way round as I feel confident someone has replaced it at some time but installed it upside down - this would make perfect sense of the zone valve. I took the GC number from the appliance to check but took it from the only plate on the appliance which was attached to the boiler which referred to the boiler part. I was surprised to find Worcester using soeone elses engine but hey ho!
Pump direction will be dependent on which boiler conection its connected to i doubt if theres a manual about for this as it sounds like a prefabricated set up where exactly on it does it say worcester ?can you sketch or photo the layout is there one or two zone valves ?is the hot water on gravity ?

Hi - there - like it is logoed on the front controls inside the main boiler panel - it is most certainly a Worcester - one zone valve above the. accumulator - have persuaded customer to have a new boiler fitted. But thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler M30/42 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock