Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester Boiler No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carriesue

Had a plumber around to connect loft shower and basin. Since then I have had no hot water (tepid ). He states that he has not touched the boiler and that it maybe the thermostat has gone. A friend suggested that the pressure may need to be looked at. Any suggestions please as the loft conversion people are going to charge me for getting an engineer out.
Thank you for your help

could be just the flow rate has been increased through boiler and requires reducing to original level

Thank you. All was working until the shower and basin was installed. Loft people are saying it has nothing to do with them. I really can't afford major repairs, so will suggest your answer to them.

Sounds to me like cold water feeding into the hot side from a stuck shower check valve on your new shower.

did they add a towel rail/ rad if so check system pressure first. How is hot water in kitchen? or is that cold now a well

Sorry I assumed the boiler pressure would have already been checked.

Thank you all for your response. There is only a short blast of tepid water then cold from ALL hot water taps. Towel rail has been fixed but not heating.
I am unable to adjust the pressure as the grey knob has a piece of metal attached to it, similar to a paper clip.
I would have thought the loft people would have checked this before diagnosing a thermostat problem.
Thank you

is it possible the hot and colds have been crossed somewhere along the line.

Had a plumber around to connect loft shower and basin. Since then I have had no hot water (tepid ). He states that he has not touched the boiler and that it maybe the thermostat has gone. A friend suggested that the pressure may need to be looked at. Any suggestions please as the loft conversion people are going to charge me for getting an engineer out.
Thank you for your help
hi im a heating engineer and came across the same problem a while ago its caused by your shower im afraid , when you turn a tap on the hot water is being pulled into the hot water thus resulting in luke warm water at point of delivery . you need to fit a combi compatible shower . hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock