Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester DT10RF programming issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeliLyons

Hi there,

We have recently had the Worcester 28i Greenstar junior combi boiler fiitted along with the DT10RF and digistat controller.

Firstly, am i correct in thinking that i need to set desired times on both the boiler itself (for hot water) and the digistat for the heating times and temperatures? Maybe a stupid question in present company, but if it's a combi boiler, why do i have to set times for the hot water at all....isn't it provided "on demand"?

That aside, i am finding that the heating still seems to be on even when the digistat is programmed to say that the heating should be off.

From looking at similar threads on here, it sounds like it might be to do with the "low temperature" setting we currently have, but i can't find anything in the manual that says how to check or change this.

Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks in advance.

The timer on the boiler controls the preheat for hw. Basically means you get your hw from the tap a few seconds quicker. Turn that to off if you like.

Digistats (the thing on the wall) work on high and low temperature settings.
You set the time you want the heating to come on and the maximum temperature say 6am and 21º
You then set the time you want it to go off and the minimum temperature say 8am and 18º
If during the "off" period the temperature drops below the set point (18º in this example) the heating will come on and warm the house to 18º.
If you don't want it to come on at all during an off period turn the temperature down to about 12º

A bit simplified explanation but it would take too long to properly explain it.

The timer on the boiler controls the preheat for hw. Basically means you get your hw from the tap a few seconds quicker. Turn that to off if you like.

Digistats (the thing on the wall) work on high and low temperature settings.
You set the time you want the heating to come on and the maximum temperature say 6am and 21º
You then set the time you want it to go off and the minimum temperature say 8am and 18º
If during the "off" period the temperature drops below the set point (18º in this example) the heating will come on and warm the house to 18º.
If you don't want it to come on at all during an off period turn the temperature down to about 12º

A bit simplified explanation but it would take too long to properly explain it.

That's fantastic - exactly what i needed to know.

My problem was that i'd set the on and off temperatures the same, hence why it was never switching off.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester DT10RF programming issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock