Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worchester 24i shower issue cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

have had the 24i since we moved into our property 5 years when we moved in flow rate was rubbish so had the secondary HE changed, just before winter getting similar symptoms lose of pressure and intermittent hold cold issues , so replaced the HE again, solved all the taps and bath intermittent problems, shower was ok for a few days but now it’s cycling intermittent hold cold. All other taps and bath( which is on sale pipes as shower) are fine.

Any ideas? Thanks

Plumber mate did first, me and plumber mate did second one, he can’t understand issue changed shower mixer for me which made things a bit better for a while , my only thought is the mixer is scaled up and not “calling” for hot water.

Is he gas safe first off. If you can’t suss it out I’d suggest Worcester’s fixed price repair.

Well I’m sure you can appreciate we don’t give DIY boiler advice to non gas safe engineers. If he’s struggling get him to register on here and we’ll lend him a hand

Here you go

image.jpg

Just to clarify it’s not the heat exchanger in the actuall boiler it’s the one at the bottom at the back dhw? I think .. apparently they scale up in hard water areas really quick
Yep. And just to clarify you had to take the case off to get to the plate heat exchanger. This means you have to be gas safe registered mate.

Just to clarify it’s not the heat exchanger in the actuall boiler it’s the one at the bottom at the back dhw? I think .. apparently they scale up in hard water areas really quick

Yeh I know and both plate and main hex are easy to clean without even taking them out. Never had to change a plate hex on them boilers.

I’m thinking the issue is with your shower mate, if all others are ok. Could be the inlet filters if you live in a hard water area, it could also be a thermostatic valve replacement, or even a collapsed shower hose. As for the boiler, I’d leave it well alone unless GSR.

Reply to Worchester 24i shower issue cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock