Discuss Worst job ever... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ask what experience and qualifications the bathroom fitter has for heating work? That is slanderous surely? You should have asked both the customers and the bathroom idiot how come most boilers require only 22mm pipes to supply the entire house and yet this idiot says each radiator has to have 22mm to them, despite needing only a fraction of the flow.

Last edited:
I did explain this to them and the plumber but the plumber basically kept shouting me down and not letting me speak. My tactic was to take the high road and not come down to his level and it seems to have worked.

They've emailed Vaillant the details of the install so it should be sorted fairly quickly but like I said, i'll be asking for full payment before any more work happens at that property. It might become another sticking point but I'm not taking any chances with their poor judgement any more.

would love to see the standard of work in the bathroom, given that this guy is an absolute tool ?????

It also transpires that they rang another local engineer for advice; who told them i'm very well known in the area for an extremely high standard of work and basically corroborated every single thing i've done and said to them.
The customer didn't tell me that, the engineer actually rang me up and told me even though I don't actually know him.

Sounds like you ought to buy that man a drink and talk about staying in contact re non payers & bad customers mate.

He said (the 'plumber') it was totally un-necessary to replace 30 year old H/C pipes, soldered with Yorkshire fittings, in a bathroom in a property that was previously empty for 6 months+ because it would 'take too long and cost the customer too much'. Even though all the boards are already lifted and the pipes are right there all notched in.
Stated I could re-pipe it in under an hour with about 20 quids worth of copper. That's why I mentioned it in the email.

Me undermining his credibility and work is just the beginning for that fella :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you ought to buy that man a drink and talk about staying in contact re non payers & bad customers mate.
Yeah he's a sound bloke. Said hello to him in the merchants a few times but nothing more. Quite flattered really. Spoke to him on the phone for quite a while. Said it's probably because I look young and people instantly assume i'm 'learning' (i'm actually 31 but look about 25 but been doing heating for ~10 years). Said he used to get it quite a bit when he was younger. I liked the honesty!

Only time I ever saw 22mm to radiators was on council housing from the 70s where the glass fronted solid fuel fires worked on gravity. So the bathroom bloke has either saw a lot of those jobs & assumed that was proper, or as has been already mentioned, been reading an old heating book.
Bet he is just a Diyer builder/plumber/bluffer type and has been a bit of a knowitall talking big and it has backfired on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst job ever... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock