Discuss Worst job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Since you started work what is the worst job you have done ?
mine was a mechanic at Renault for 5 1/2 years upon leaving school.

Mine was unblocking a sewer at a Nursing Home ( Sorry Aged Care Facility - Political Correctness)
It was in the basement / underground car park.

Gum boots, ( you guys call the Wellies) gloves, t/shirt and shorts and a Rigid sewer machine with cables flying around in about 8" of effluent.

Got the blockage sorted and cleaned out the carpark with fire hoses.
Then we cleaned each other - with the fire hoses.

Guess what - still doing the same job.
It the first and only one I ever had.

It was in the days of bricks as phones.
I'm sure if it was today - it would be a Youtube sensation.

Installing for a company that expected me to still be on site at 5pm! Ha ha the madness of it! I was there a day! Haven't people heard of deal or no deal?!

Machine tool fitter apprentice, basically chained to Mills, Grinders and Lathes all day every day.

A factory pushing desk tops around then loading them into a big machine then back out again then pushing them around again then same again.

It was really mind numbing I only lasted 6 weeks of it before I quit and started my apprenticeship.

McDonalds trying to get extra cash while training getting talked down to every day!

right at end of the 1st year of my apprenticeship we were doing main replacements from the street stop tap to internal 2 month contract just so happened it fell in December and January freezing and soaked and full of mud most days

Pot washing in a hotel kitchen...lasted 2 hours, went on my break and walked home. Never went back.

Working for a laundry /rag trade equipment co had to clean out a sooted up control flamed boiler had to have 3 baths one after the other the soot was ground in for days ....he wondered why I told him I was leaving as he gave Me £1.00 dirty money for my inconvenience....lol happy days regards Turnpin:wazzzup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
CoopersWater submitted a business listing in the plumbers directory: Kris Griffith - Plumbing & Water Treatment in Indianapolis since 1980...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock