Discuss Worst job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Since you started work what is the worst job you have done ?
mine was a mechanic at Renault for 5 1/2 years upon leaving school.

Mine was unblocking a sewer at a Nursing Home ( Sorry Aged Care Facility - Political Correctness)
It was in the basement / underground car park.

Gum boots, ( you guys call the Wellies) gloves, t/shirt and shorts and a Rigid sewer machine with cables flying around in about 8" of effluent.

Got the blockage sorted and cleaned out the carpark with fire hoses.
Then we cleaned each other - with the fire hoses.

Guess what - still doing the same job.
It the first and only one I ever had.

It was in the days of bricks as phones.
I'm sure if it was today - it would be a Youtube sensation.

Installing for a company that expected me to still be on site at 5pm! Ha ha the madness of it! I was there a day! Haven't people heard of deal or no deal?!

Machine tool fitter apprentice, basically chained to Mills, Grinders and Lathes all day every day.

A factory pushing desk tops around then loading them into a big machine then back out again then pushing them around again then same again.

It was really mind numbing I only lasted 6 weeks of it before I quit and started my apprenticeship.

McDonalds trying to get extra cash while training getting talked down to every day!

right at end of the 1st year of my apprenticeship we were doing main replacements from the street stop tap to internal 2 month contract just so happened it fell in December and January freezing and soaked and full of mud most days

Pot washing in a hotel kitchen...lasted 2 hours, went on my break and walked home. Never went back.

Working for a laundry /rag trade equipment co had to clean out a sooted up control flamed boiler had to have 3 baths one after the other the soot was ground in for days ....he wondered why I told him I was leaving as he gave Me ÂŁ1.00 dirty money for my inconvenience....lol happy days regards Turnpin:wazzzup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock