Discuss XPress fittings, pros and cons. Opinions please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve considered press myself, although as others have said I can’t see it being worthwhile on domestic work. The cost is a issue too, as this will have to be passed on to customers.

I am using a Geberit/Novo press & we have 3 in the company.
Find them brilliant but as other say they can be a bit bulky, Used them from bathroom/kitchen refurb to domestic new builds to commercial boiler house work.
I buy 90% of my fittings from william wilson & the other 10% from BES if i am putting an order in anyway. I haven't found anyone that can compete with WW yet.
We still solder occasionally & get apprentices to solder until year 3 at least, this way we should keep options open & training to a good standard.

Last edited:
I am using a Geberit/Novo press & we have 3 in the company.
Find them brilliant but as other say they can be a bit bulky, Used them from bathroom/kitchen refurb to domestic new builds to commercial boiler house work.
I buy 90% of my fittings from william wilson & the other 10% from BES if i am putting an order in anyway. I haven't found anyone that can compete with WW yet.
We still solder occasionally & get apprentices to solder until year 3 at least, this way we should keep options open & training to a good standard.

Have a look at pipekit

Reply to XPress fittings, pros and cons. Opinions please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back