Search the forum,

Discuss Yellow Hot Water after boiler inspection?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephenson

Hoping someone can shed some light!
had the boiler serviced on Thursday morning- ( Condensing boiler circa 2010 original to the apartment) this morning noticed no hot water and yellowish tinge to the water as well. water pressure is fine and on resetting the boiler switch and putting on to continuous we now have hot water but the water remains yellow-any ideas on a solution or possible cause?- all was fine until the guy came to do the annual boiler check- we have tried but are unable to contact him till office pens on Monday
Thanks

Get him back but its not likely its anything to do with the service. I would focus my attention on the hot water cylinder f&e and cwsc. But that is without knowing the details of your system and its components. Which is why someone will need to see it to ascertain what is going on. Or you will need to supply greater detail. Ie boiler make model and type. Cylinder type (vented/unvented).

Hi, Thanks for your response- the boiler is Ideal model no ICOS HE 12,
a condensing boiler. I can nly think it I something he has done as he has definitely had a twiddle with he controls as the system is usually set on Auto and this morning it was on Continuous, with no hot water and yellow water

Hi, Thanks for your response- the boiler is Ideal model no ICOS HE 12,
a condensing boiler. I can nly think it I something he has done as he has definitely had a twiddle with he controls as the system is usually set on Auto and this morning it was on Continuous, with no hot water and yellow water

There wont be any connection if he has just carried out a service on that boiler.
as for the setting he would have set it to continuous to analyse the flue gases.
forgot to set it back, same for the hot water.

did he go into the loft?

fill a glass up with the water and take a photo for us.

How would his servicing the boiler affect your hot water cylinder? Think about it logically, it can't.

It's an unfortunate coincidence I'm afraid.

Get him back though because you do have a problem.

Just be aware it's nothing to do with what he's done.

Open vent pumping it's head off with no cylinder stat, boiled over and made a mess. Turn off cold water run hot tap until it stops then with boiler off leave hot tap running and open stopcock. Do this for 30 mins .

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my van serviced at the weekend. This morning the fuel light came on! I'm getting my complaint letter ready!

Open vent pumping it's **** off with no cylinder stat, boiled over and made a mess. Turn off cold water run hot tap until it stops then with boiler off leave hot tap running and open stopcock. Do this for 30 mins .

I don't understand how a boiler with no cylinder stat can make the hot water yellow.

No need to get childish, how can a boiler going off on its thermostat rather than a cylinder stat cause the hot water to go yellow.

Ermintrude 701840 said:
Really? I don't understand how a headder tank works either.

I always thought it was a crude urinal for our personal use :)

[QUOTE Halesowen1;701857]No need to get childish, how can a boiler going off on its thermostat rather than a cylinder stat cause the hot water to go yellow.[/QUOTE]

Water in cylinder gets too hot. Expands into tank, stirs up crap, crap ends up in cylinder and into taps.

So you reckon after a boiler service, the Cylinder stat has failed, then the boiler stat has failed??
Must be very unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yellow Hot Water after boiler inspection?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock