Discuss Yellow Hot Water after boiler inspection?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open vent pumping it's **** off with no cylinder stat, boiled over and made a mess. Turn off cold water run hot tap until it stops then with boiler off leave hot tap running and open stopcock. Do this for 30 mins .

I don't understand how a boiler with no cylinder stat can make the hot water yellow.

No need to get childish, how can a boiler going off on its thermostat rather than a cylinder stat cause the hot water to go yellow.

Ermintrude 701840 said:
Really? I don't understand how a headder tank works either.

I always thought it was a crude urinal for our personal use :)

[QUOTE Halesowen1;701857]No need to get childish, how can a boiler going off on its thermostat rather than a cylinder stat cause the hot water to go yellow.[/QUOTE]

Water in cylinder gets too hot. Expands into tank, stirs up crap, crap ends up in cylinder and into taps.

So you reckon after a boiler service, the Cylinder stat has failed, then the boiler stat has failed??
Must be very unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yellow Hot Water after boiler inspection?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock