Discuss 110mm Core drill recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do the 110mm diamond core drill or holesaws for drilling holes into:

Tiles - Granite - Porcelain - Glass - Ceramics - Travertine - Pottery - Marble

http://www.*********.com/google/110mm.jpg

It will drill holes down to the depth of a stanard 30mm thick granite kitchen worktop.

http://www.*********.com/bigholes/smaller/Dsc08134.jpg

To stop the diamond drill from slipping just cut out a bit of plasterboard.

Stand on it.
http://www.*********.com/bigholes/smaller/Dsc08132.jpg

Once you push through the plasterboard then start drilling holes into your tiles.

dont bother buying the rothenberger core set mine has lasted less than 12 months and cost £140 my first core set cost £60 and lasted 5 years

how good are the marcrist ones - ive heard a couple of people say theyre great ?

marcrist or milwaukee???

i also dont do that many cores and used to hire every time. On the last job i bought a sparky BUR2 350E (£120) from machine mart or screwfix and a cheap core set from the electrical wholesaler TCL (£50).

while on the subject how much faster and how much longer to expensive cores last than cheep ones (i now only but good qual drill bits since they are much faster and last much longer)?

sds drills dont go fast enough to do a decent job and you tend to burn them out quickly. the marcrist is a good drill and worth the money you have to pay. Ibought a sparky recently which was supposed to be a core drill but it has already burnt out one clutch. Back to marcrist again once it gives up.

sds drills dont go fast enough to do a decent job and you tend to burn them out quickly. the marcrist is a good drill and worth the money you have to pay. Ibought a sparky recently which was supposed to be a core drill but it has already burnt out one clutch. Back to marcrist again once it gives up.

I do find that the clutch sliops quite easlily on the sparky, easy on the arms but hard on the clutch so I can well understand that.

You need a large clutch breaker type drill. A 110mm core will knacker a regular SDS drill and burn out the clutch.

The Marcrist ones are pretty good as are the Norton ones. Avoid "market stall" ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 110mm Core drill recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock