Search the forum,

Discuss 118 118 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

feckem

Hi all

I have recently started up a new plumbing business in a new area and was wondering if joining 118 118 is a good idea i have a very little capital and can not afford to waste it.

Does any one here have any experience of dealing with this company as they sound good but so did customer street and they turned out to be useless.

Thanks in advance for your advice
Alan

118 118 is ok if you are just doing emergency call outs they work from a list and only give out the top 3 each week so when your near the top you may get the calls but you may have weeks without anything,

Make your own luck. The Fleas are getting bigger than the dog. Having been in your situation on a few occasions over the years by far the best method of creating work for a one man band is, simply have your details and type of work you wish to carry out printed on peel the back off type material. Armed with this knock doors in your area (better at weekends ) introduce yourself and the service, Suggest they peel the back of your card and stick it inside the airing cupboard door should they need your services in the future. You will probably pick up work immediately. GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 118 118 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock