Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 15mm plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Probs a bit of a stupid question but I honestly cant remember. Well, i'm working on a social housing contract and am the only plumber onsite, we have a multi-trade fella who is running a bit of HEP20 for me. Now I dont work with plastic that much as I prefer copper but where he has been putting the ball o fix on the basins etc there is no inserts into the compression. but they seem to hold. I tild the bloke he needs to use inserts but want to check now as am doubting myself

inserts not required on copper, always required on plastic

thats what i thought. about 22 flats with plastic to compression all holding but with no inserts - but for how long, god knows! think im gonna be a busy boy changing them all. cheers GQuigley

the insert makes the pipe more rigid, as with expansion and contraction and any movement, this can lead to leaks and even blow offs.

you have no idea wat im muttering under my breath about the fella that done this, hey ho, cheers mate

not gonna stress about it, but not ideal I know, water bed anyone?

well if its your public liability insurance then i would stress about it

Anything to prove it's him doing it and not you?

Like you said, you're the only plumber on site!!

Wavin or whoever owns Hep2O today, will not honor any warranty if the fittings are not correctly assembled so it will fall back on your goodself .. I'd be down there tonight if I were you!!

Now I stressed, gonna make a call and cover my bum, cheers all but didnt think that deep

its probably a new thread but now im thinking. If you are working for a firm and the person for that firm goes on leave, goes sick etc etc being the qualified person on site r u liable for their work? the last guy done this work but no proof.

basically if your employed then you get a slap on the wrist, but if your self employed and its your PLI then the cost of repair will get claimed on your insurance

cheers gquigley, what if im self employed and didnt do the work but have no proof, would I be better suggesting it be fixed and if the answers no then leave or just ignoring as not my problem. Only been on this job for 3 days and plenty more work but dont want to get involved in a cowboy outfit

well I would speak to the supervisor first thing and explain that you are not liable for those fittings and they need fixed first thing, and from now on any plumbing work will be done by you only as the multi-skilled muppet isnt insured on your insurance, or try and get one of your own guys on the job with you.

cheers all, apprictae it, thanks again quigley, peps think shortcuts equals cheaper contracts but it always comes back eh guess the moral is do it right the first time, get paid, go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock