Discuss 22mm fittings to old 3/4 pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always used my local plumbcenter. They've always had either the 3/4 olives or the imperial to metric end feed sockets!

peat you can get 3/4 to 22mm endfeed converters as mk_swans said

I don't think you'll have much joy with an end feed coupling I've just had similar issues in a bathroom refit connecting onto old pipe work tried a 22mm end feed elbow to join new to old and the solder wouldn't bridge the gap on the old pipe work I ended up using a 22mm speed fit push fitting

Is that wise? Surely the 22mm Speedfit O ring is too slack on the 3/4" pipe & worse still, the gripper may not hold?

I don't think you'll have much joy with an end feed coupling I've just had similar issues in a bathroom refit connecting onto old pipe work tried a 22mm end feed elbow to join new to old and the solder wouldn't bridge the gap on the old pipe work I ended up using a 22mm speed fit push fitting

Peat, I meant 22mm to 3/4 converters/reducers.

Old pipe, coupler, New 22, valve, New 22, coupler, old pipe.....see what I mean?

You need to get back to that job ASAP and remove that fitting before the place floods.

What a bodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont just lash the end feed couplers into your box as then you will spend ages finding they are no good on 22mm pipe like i did a few months ago and they still surface to my annoyance CHK
Peat, I meant 22mm to 3/4 converters/reducers.

Old pipe, coupler, New 22, valve, New 22, coupler, old pipe.....see what I mean?

Youre kidding right?

you dont use a 22mm coupler!!

you use a 3/4 to 22 mm coupler for imperial to metric to convert it.

as for 22mm speed fit on 3/4 copper pipe.........

i hope you have decent insurance......... Because you're sure gonna need it

Dont just lash the end feed couplers into your box as then you will spend ages finding they are no good on 22mm pipe like i did a few months ago and they still surface to my annoyance CHK

Thread a piece of earth wire through your 22mm x 3/4 connectors & twist the ends together & you won't get them mixed up with ordinary connectors.

THese fittings used to a have a green end - not nowadays.

I cannot see the difference - my eyes are going so I do most things by touch ! CHking
Lol your eyes must be going if you can't see the difference CHK

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm fittings to old 3/4 pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at...
Replies
Views
I'm a kitchen fitter first and foremost, so occasionally encounter old pipes of varying sizes. From past experience I know how easy it is to...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock