Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 3 port valve not wired in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mastercare

Hi i need advice...ive just repl our 3 port valve on our old central heating system and also have fitted a new pump, this was done because the 3 port valve was leaking and cos of age i thought i would change the pump also..
all went well but im getting tons hot water but rads stay cold im waiting for my plumber friend to come and wire the new 3 port Honeywell valve up.
ive tryed switching the lever on end of valve to all positions and still same water heats up then pump stops and boiler goes off. my question at last is will this problem occur because the 3 port valve is not yet wired < in fact the old one is hanging on the ground still wired as requested by my plumber mate>
many thanks guys in advance
paul

hi is the new three port the same make as the old one? is the head removable from the old one? if the answer is yes to both then can't you simply put the old head on the new valve temporarily?

Hi steveb
im no plumber as u prob guessed the old 3 port valve was the old type which you cannot repl the head so i purchased and fitted a new complete valve its a tower says VAL322mp 3 port spring return mid pos valve..
hope that helps the boiler is an old but seems fine potter ton neat heat, i have a fe tank in loft..ive flushed bled system so many times hot water fine but rads stay cold i can bleed all of them and water spurts out ok all bleed valves.
cheers
paul

Have you fitted the new valve the right way round?

A . Is heating
B. Is hot water

Hi Chalked
i have B going to my hot water tank next to port valve in my airing cupboard and A to pipes i assume feeding my central heating rads. but as i said the 3 port valve is not yet wired up i thought the lever on side could do everything but ive now been told that the programmer has to talk to the 3 port valve which at mo is not happening. if this is indeed the case i may have no problem and it will work when wired up?
cheers
paul

I should have read you first post
It's not wired up!!

Moving the lever manually will not make the end switch Fire the boiler. All will be fine once it's wired properly.

Y Plan Wiring.jpg

note wire colors may differ to your 3 port

HI all that have advised me on 3 port valve problem thanks for all your help at least now i know it has to be wired for the ch part to work..u have all saved me alot of stress thanks agn guys..
paul..

Hi all just a quick note the pump is now wired up and most of the rads are now getting warm or hot inc our bedroom one which never got hot b4..its just the downstairs one by front door in lounge for some reason hes stone cold and so are pipes leading down to it...so if i got it right ill shut all the others off both ends and hopefully force water to this one...guess its a case of balancing..
cheers
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 port valve not wired in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just installed second zone onto my ideal independent c35 original I had one hive thermostat now I added two two port valves ( with Bypass) and...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am replacing a 2 port z5 drayton valve with a 3 port mid position drayton. Can anyone please tell me what changes i have to make to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock