Discuss acs renewal time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

whats the best or necessary things to brush up on?

i was told its all changed, does this just refer to all the updates or the way its done?

Resat mine the other month for the third time and its still the same old 1970s o/f boilers, tightness testing, ventilation and trying not to loose the plot.
Not forgetting ID and AR that might of been mentioned in one of those gas mags that ends up on the door mat.

Nothing much ever changes. You do it on a computer now tho. If they would stop ****ing about and just get on with it about you could be in and out in with the usual ones done in a day.
I just sit the tests btw.

Nothing much ever changes. You do it on a computer now tho. If they would stop ****ing about and just get on with it about you could be in and out in with the usual ones done in a day.
I just sit the tests btw.
still pens and papers at mine!

i find it frustrating and confusing when they go around the houses and the papers are all given in random order?????
booked me in for a refresher though and doing a couple more tickets for £50 each.
not sure who feels there getting the better deal me or them.lol

I didn't bother with refresher training Martin. Nothing's changed apart from the NCS not needing a notice written out. All the ventilation, flueing, it's all the same. In and out in 2.5 days, including adding MET 1. Shouldn't have bothered with that either, apparently you can move meters without the MET ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
re did mine for the 1st time a few months ago
my college has changed examining body am i'm not impressed with the new one, it wasnt that it was hard, quite the opposite, it was just everything was deep in obscure regs.
before i was thinking it would be good to have a brush up, re read my corgi book before attending only not many questions concerned what was in the corgi book or related to the actual job outside the college
everything was from these black folders they handed out and you basically had to match up the way the question was written to the black folders

for the most part found it very far removed from actually being a gas engineer

also nothing on new rules regarding NCS

Last edited:
Depends where you go and who the certification body is, I ran some reassessments today and 4 guys failed, even with refresher training. 5 years in the real world and they can't even do a tightness test, outstanding!

Depends where you go and who the certification body is, I ran some reassessments today and 4 guys failed, even with refresher training. 5 years in the real world and they can't even do a tightness test, outstanding!

cant do a TT? bloody hell,should be banned from the industry,dangerous halfwits

I did mine last year and there was a bloke ex BG for 12 years and on own for 3 doing a refresher and he could not put a TT on!

Most of the stuff is still the same, tightness testing has changed a tiny bit, some new stuff on flues, purging has changed a little bit (easier than before, but still incorrect imho), pipe sizing has changed totally, gonna need bigger pipe on some jobs I think.

I'm constantly surprised at how poor some engineers are, as an assessor I'm not overly worried about the question papers, but you have to be safe! If you can't do the job safely on assessment, how can I in good conscience let you loose on innocent members of the public?!

Most of the stuff is still the same, tightness testing has changed a tiny bit, some new stuff on flues, purging has changed a little bit (easier than before, but still incorrect imho), pipe sizing has changed totally, gonna need bigger pipe on some jobs I think.

I'm constantly surprised at how poor some engineers are, as an assessor I'm not overly worried about the question papers, but you have to be safe! If you can't do the job safely on assessment, how can I in good conscience let you loose on innocent members of the public?!

are you going to share eaxamples or leave me to wonder? ;)
like to know if i already know, its costing me money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to acs renewal time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock