Currently reading:
Added Fernox for 2 days & Drained Flushed

Discuss Added Fernox for 2 days & Drained Flushed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oneilly

Hi guys looking for a little advice. 14 year old house, suspect the system has had little maintenance.

I added fernox cleaner left for 2 days then drained & flushed, just checked next day and the water is dirty again?

Should I repeat exercise ?

If still dirty ,you do not say which fernox cleaner you are using,but yes,I would leave longer than two days,should run 48 days hot,which if you have on 8 hours a day is at least 5 or six days
Also many make the mistake of trying to flush through a normal system drain cock,this is no good,fit a good full bore drain point,to allow system to be flushed out correctly

Keep a eye on all fittings for leaks and take your time when flushing out system

imho

I always planned to leave for a week and then got a blocked Rad and found myself draining down, silly me, oh well off to plumb centre again lol

Before you add some more chemical ,flush out as mush sludge/black water ect as possible from the system,chemical will be more effective then

Gas Man a 14 year old ideal Classic ff260.

Puddle, thanks yes I have given it a good flush, lots of rubbish came out.

with x800 its min 2 hours but i think max is a week it will say on the bottle i only use it as a last resort it kills aluminium boilers ,but it fully removes the crud its potent stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Added Fernox for 2 days & Drained Flushed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back