Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Adding a wireless stat to a Glow Worm 30 ci in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all. I've been asked to fit a stat to the above boiler. I have had a look at the manual as I'm scheduled to fit a CM927 tomorrow. The existing boiler has a integral timer. (With the pins). I want to bypass this and fit the Honeywell stat. Anyone done this, as it looks a bit complicated after reading the manual. It might be clearer when I get to the boiler tomorrow but don't want to risk it!

Thanks

It's pretty simple. Required to be GSR tho as ur taking the case off!

Think as Danny's one of our TA's and a gsr as well as a thoroughly lovely dude he'd know that........

Think as Danny's one of our TA's and a gsr as well as a thoroughly lovely dude he'd know that........

Bending over, don't see what people are just forum headder in TT . Sorry dannypipe. I will buy u a virtual packet of scampi fries and a pint!

No probs! :)

Where's Tamz? He'll have a common sense answer for this. Last job of tomorrow. When I will want to get in and out and down the pub.

clock on boiler if standard wiring leave live and neutral connected link both blacks together,with your stat you need 6 wires
live and neutral in to the receiver,then shunt wires or live in live out but basically remove the loop in the boilers wiring identify this as the roomstat or external control take one wire from that to terminal one in the receiver,then another wire form the second terminal to terminal 2 in the receiver,the remaining 2 wires are earths take these to the boilers earth terminal this is just to earth the cable

Last edited by a moderator:
no probs Danny

just disconect timer and wire programer to
L
N
Ert
and pick up stat connections which will go to programer receiver i think is 2 and 3

Looking at the instructions the boiler is set up for volt free connections. I can fit these blind fold on most boilers, but took a look at the instructions as I hate surprises and thought 'uh oh - this doesn't so look simple'.

I'll copy what you've written Mark and take it with me tomorrow. Might actually put the job off until next week, as I scheduled it in for 5pm tomorrow (Friday!) thinking it would take about half hour. Don't think I've ever actually fitted a modern Glow Worm which is why I'm asking.

Maybe best for me to just open the boiler up and take a look. Thanks for the reply's.

earth the cable ? Mark pls explain
if a fault develps inside the cable(and it does happen) you need a earth to channel the electric to earth and cause the trip or rcd to react,no earth-no trip=fire the stats may be double insulated and have no earth connections but that does not mean the cable should not

if a fault develps inside the cable(and it does happen) you need a earth to channel the electric to earth and cause the trip or rcd to react,no earth-no trip=fire the stats may be double insulated and have no earth connections but that does not mean the cable should not

thx Mark .I always bring earth to wireless receivers or programers anyway .

Couple of ways to do it Danny. Whatever way is easiest for you.
Easiest is leave the built in clock set to constant but if you want you can link it out on the switch wires.
Either use a bit 5 core and take LNE to the 927 box plus 2 switch wires from A & B to the volt free link (a 927 can work volt free)
Or use a bit 4 core LNE and from the 927 with a link from L - A and your 230v switch to terminal 2 and remove the volt free link on the boiler.

I'd go with the volt free (1st) way.

Didn't know a 927 would work volt free. Nice one. That's what I was looking for. Cheers Tamz, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding a wireless stat to a Glow Worm 30 ci in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a normal on/off thermostat connected to my Ideal Vogue Max 40 and have been looking through the installation manual (here) to see how...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all - new member home owner here My Remeha Rematic RF room stat has a failed mechanical clock. The unit still talks to my Remeha Avanta Plus...
Replies
Views
V
glow worm hxi30 boiler f9 fault code. no low water pressure switch on this boiler.and blown fuse second on pcb (does tis mean board gone?) main...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
Hi everyone The boiler fitted is a Glow worm micron, and the system is a standard domestic copper cylinder type, approx 1 year ago the boiler...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock