Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice on replacing a leaky expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BogBeast

Hello All.

I have a Varem expansion vessel that is leaking:

Expansion.jpg

I had the system installed 7 years ago with a solar ready megaflow cylinder, ready to have solar thermal installed when we could afford it. We never bothered (got solar PV and solar iboost)

The I suspect that the vessel is in some way rated for a solar thermal system, its 25l and rated to 8bar.

ExpansionVessel.jpg

Given that I don't have solar thermal, would it would OK to replace it with one that is rated at a lower bar rate? (for instance a 3 bar 24l one from Screwfix).

Thanks for any help or advice..

Your best bet is to get a g3/unvented qualified plumber in to look at it.

It's illegal under part g3 of the building regs for you to attempt to do any diy repairs on it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on replacing a leaky expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock