Search the forum,

Discuss Advise needed on Connecting a new rad pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am connecting a new radiator and the down pipes are about 2 cm away from the pipe circuit. I was planning on fitting tee junctions to bridge the gap but there isnt quite enough room. Should I bend the radiator down pipe (which looks a bit pants) or is there another option? Ive attached some photos to hopefully help.

Many Thanks

Marc

Attachments

• IMG_20160811_135526581.jpg
    IMG_20160811_135526581.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20160811_135532500.jpg
    IMG_20160811_135532500.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 49
Hi,

I am connecting a new radiator and the down pipes are about 2 cm away from the pipe circuit. I was planning on fitting tee junctions to bridge the gap but there isnt quite enough room. Should I bend the radiator down pipe (which looks a bit pants) or is there another option? Ive attached some photos to hopefully help.

Many Thanks

Marc

Bend the pipe out on horizontal then straight up to rad with an elbow.

You could probably get a bend in there

with a bender of course

If it's a one pipe system, then extend the existing pipe that's under the floor and fit the tee directly under the rad valve (vertical piece of pipe will require a slight bend to keep rad valve upright) then do the same on the other side
Water doesn't get pumped through the rads on a one pipe, relies on the principal of the hotter water rising into the rad and the cooler water dropping back into the circuit, so a short, vertical route to the valve is better

you were right about the one pipe...i fitted a tee juntion in the end with an elbow btu the radiator isnt getting very hot

Is that TRV for a one pipe system you need to get specific valves

Also special ts for the flow into the rad normally swept / restrictor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advise needed on Connecting a new rad pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink. Here is a picture of what I'm seeing: Pipe A - Cold water pipe. Pipe B - Behind the wood plank, B connects to a valve that shuts down the entire...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock