Discuss air lock in hot water cylinder coil? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Ive had to replace the pump isolator valves as they were leaking. All done and working but struggling to get air out. Rads are all good but when the boiler starts and stops there is odd sounds but mainly coming from inside the HW tank, sounds like water falling so im guessing air in the coil. There is what i think is an air valve near the 3 way valve but i dont get air or water from it. will attach image when i work out how. Any help appreciated.

Can you slacken the compression nut about a half turn or so on the HW cylinder coil where it enters the cylinder, then pull back on the pipe until air/water comes out, re tighten compression nut.

Highly unlikely the coil isn’t full does the hot water heat eg do you have hot water ?

Highly unlikely the coil isn’t full does the hot water heat eg do you have hot water ?
I do have hot water. if you put ear on tank you can hear water running/falling type of sound. theres also for want of a better word a wooshing kind of sound when the pump starts. Is that bit on the end of the pipe near the 3 way an air release?

The reason why you don’t get air or water from it is that people tighten them too much and the rubber washer gets pushed into the the air outlet opening so in essence it’s blocked if you take it off you will see a hole in the washer and the air hole is blocked. You can unblock it but you need to be quick as the air will escape then water. Has happened a few time to me over the years theses being blocked

Reply to air lock in hot water cylinder coil? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock