Discuss Aqualisa Quartz 9.5kw Electric Shower - Only getting cold water? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can I ask why not just change the shower as it’s 20 year old etc ?

Can I ask why not just change the shower as it’s 20 year old etc ?
Hey Shaun, I hear what your saying. The shower is 8 years old, but its just how it work. I am not a fan of throwing parts at a thing without diagnosing it. So hence why all the test, I ideally would like to know what went wrong for future testing and diagnosis.

Continuity uses the buzzer, so use just the ohms setting
So I ordered a new shower engine and carried out some tests:

Heating Element Resistance Tests: NEW ENGINE:
Positive to Positive- .023 ohms.
Negative Bar to Positive- .012
Negative Bar to Positive (lower pin)- .010
Negative Bar to Negative Bar - .000

TCO Continuity Test: NEW ENGINE:
0.01 - With Aubile bell.

Voltage Test: OLD ENGINE
240V from Live - Earth
240v from Live - Neutral

Now these numbers pretty much match to the old faulty unit. So I take it as two outcomes.
1) The new engine is faulty fresh out the box.
2) the "second stage thermal trip" is another item somewhere built into Engine and is not serviceable or testable and swapping out whole shower is only option.

Attachments

• 16965130638606984769492984814857.jpg
    16965130638606984769492984814857.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20231005_140847965.jpg
    IMG_20231005_140847965.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 14
So not to be that person who does not come back and tell you where things stand. I replaced the old shower.for a.like for like model that I ordered detailed above. The shower is now up and running again. Thanks to all who chimed in with some.help. thank you

Reply to Aqualisa Quartz 9.5kw Electric Shower - Only getting cold water? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock