Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Are all sink strainer wastes a universal size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Including the ones that come with 1.5 and 2 bowl sinks. They tend to look like the rim and washer that connects to the underside of the sink are larger than on a standard 1 1/2 sink waste to me. But it could be cos they're usually white and standard wastes are black (slimming, I'm told)

To re-pipe this mess pictured below (which has a 32mm bottle trap presumably just so it'd fit - and it's now blocked) would two of these def fit?

Brushed Stainless Steel Sink Strainer Waste | NoLinkingToThis

The diameter of the flange of where the wastes sit on the underside of the sink where about 105mm.

Photo1447.jpg

No -you need one with the cable control for the pop-up plug (unless you do away with the cable pop up entirely).

If you do away with the popup, make sure that the basket wastes come with a blanking cap for the overflow inlet as only 1 of them has the overflow going into them. Next just get one of those universal 2 basin sink kits. If there isnt room for a P trap, then use a running trap further along.

I did think of putting a blanking piece there because it doesn't work and she wasn't fussed. I guessed I'd need a sink overflow blanking plug too. I'm really just wanting to know if these wastes are a universal size. As in - they'll fit every sink?

Provided the top part will fit into the hole, yes. I never had an issue with a modern sink. Maybe Ikea ones are different as post of their plumbing is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are all sink strainer wastes a universal size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock