Discuss Ballcock valve needing replaced in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I

Ian barrie

Hi, I've just bought a house and the overflow pipe from cold water tank was running. So I am trying to replace the ball cock mechanism. I bought what I thought was the right one from b&q - but the thread was too small. So I now have the valve off, and will take it to b&q tomorrow to look for a replacement but would be grateful for tips. Happy to share pics

Might be a 3/4 one seen a few the thread od should be around 1” dia for it to be 3/4 or on 1/2 should measure 3/4” od

Reply to Ballcock valve needing replaced in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock