Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Barrier cream in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkOil

Anyone know any good barrier creams to use? Soot and ***** manages to get in holes in my gloves, and it's a right pain to clean off, ggrrr.

Can't help you there!!

The only time my hands seem clean is after a tiling job or a week off work!! more often than not it'll be the first!!

I have tried plenty and settled on the STOKODERM Universal, followed by the STOKOLAN after work cream and found them to be very effective. Available from Arco

Deb stuff is good. The deb with or without water hand cleaner is ace. The green one

I got mine last week. They are great till you see the prices £17.99 for 100, so i searched the international website for stolen goods and found some for 5.99 for 100 just as good.

You are being robbed albatross.

This is open forum and we don't post prices here, but we sell Black Mamba gloves for a lot less than that. Not as cheap as your stolen ones, mind you!

I use the blackmamba's for oil filters and working on oil burners themselves.
inside the boiler i put on a pair of old kevlar gloves over the top.
good to about 300 degrees dry heat :)

You are being robbed albatross.

This is open forum and we don't post prices here, but we sell Black Mamba gloves for a lot less than that. Not as cheap as your stolen ones, mind you!

It's only some rubber gloves! Anyone can look for prices on ebay.

I have noticed many comments by everyone else on here about the excellent prices and service given by your company. I would love to see items turn up in a coffin with some biscuits but all your branches are in the south and I'm in Yorkshire. :sad:

It's only some rubber gloves! Anyone can look for prices on ebay.

I have noticed many comments by everyone else on here about the excellent prices and service given by your company. I would love to see items turn up in a coffin with some biscuits but all your branches are in the south and I'm in Yorkshire. :sad:

:) We have several customers in Yorkshire albatross - BOD and Julesverne are regulars, and we have a few others who use us when it works for them. Delivery to Yorkshire, next day before noon £FOC for orders over £100 and £10 for smaller orders. You won't find us on ebay, or via any google search for prices, because we dont sell retail, and try very hard to keep our trade prices for the trade. I will drop you a PM in a moment with the black mamba prices.

best regards

Ray

:) We have several customers in Yorkshire albatross - BOD and Julesverne are regulars, and we have a few others who use us when it works for them. Delivery to Yorkshire, next day before noon £FOC for orders over £100 and £10 for smaller orders. You won't find us on ebay, or via any google search for prices, because we dont sell retail, and try very hard to keep our trade prices for the trade. I will drop you a PM in a moment with the black mamba prices.

best regards

Ray

Its worth it!!
give them a bash and check out their pricelist for a rough idea.
ray will help ya out with that

Haha, you just never know where these threads might lead to, I've bought all sorts since reading all these comments haha.
Let me know how that barrier cream is please Alex.

I've never used barrier cream, I just use non latex gloves all day. They are cheap as chips from Costco.
How does barrier cream work? I like to have completely clean hands available for important things like paperwork, biscuits etc

Not sure but I'm hoping barrier cream will work when I rip my gloves and can't be bothered to go and get some new ones, always end up with one black thumb or finger that is a pain to get clean.
Also for the odd slightly grubby job where I don't wear gloves.

I think the idea is that it soaks I to your skin once it's there it prevents anything else getting in, I could well be wrong of course

That's pretty much it Alex. It also protects you from chemicals and abrasives

Use the wurth barrier cream from HWOS, it does the job, though I am terrible for forgetting to apply it!

Use the wurth barrier cream from HWOS, it does the job, though I am terrible for forgetting to apply it!

Me too. I bought some about 2 year since I have used it once.

Trouble is its like most creams. Takes a while for skin to fully absorb. So if you forget to put it on early enough you end up with tools slipping about in your hands....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Barrier cream in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock