Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss bath and shower wastes, combined washer?/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi chaps, I am wanting to know the names of the washers you get with some traps. Like shower traps where it is one unit that seals the top and bottom of the bath, shower. The reason I ask is because I have had a couple of wastes lately that had these and I have not needed to put silicone on them. They seal really well. So am wondering why they are all not made like this.

So, do they have a name? And what makes of wastes has them? I would like to use these all the time. But unfortunately the clients were the ones that bought them and I was silly enough not to check the make out.

And, has anyone had any of these leak at all?

I hope you all know what I am talking about

Cheers

Mcalpine?? I find these traps work really well. Never had a problem with leaks on these.

I think I know what you mean mutley racers,

I responded to a post recently which might give you some information:

Having installed acrylic baths of the 1980s and 1990s with the 'banjo' type plastic waste fitting, I soon learned that stains of the cieling cost money and eat profit. Best thing for a banjo type waste is the bin.

Hence, I have always fitted the best quality pop-up waste the customer can afford. These used to be branded as 'bette' wastes from the trusted German manufacturer, but bristan do one now which is the same. However, do not be fooled by things that look the same in pictures but are not.

See the diagram here [DLMURL="http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/INSTRUC.%20PDF-1029039-D1.PDF"]http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/Brist...1029039-D1.PDF[/DLMURL]

and note that item 7 is flange washer that fits both above and below the bath waste outlet. The washer has dual purpose and needs no silicone or sealant, and neither does the overflow.

Another advantage of this type of pop-up (usually betwen £20-£40) is that it can make a £100 pressed steel bath look like a million dollars. They are neat, tidy and you won't have leaks on these.

Read more: Leaky bath waste

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bath and shower wastes, combined washer?/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock