Search the forum,

Discuss bath and shower wastes, combined washer?/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi chaps, I am wanting to know the names of the washers you get with some traps. Like shower traps where it is one unit that seals the top and bottom of the bath, shower. The reason I ask is because I have had a couple of wastes lately that had these and I have not needed to put silicone on them. They seal really well. So am wondering why they are all not made like this.

So, do they have a name? And what makes of wastes has them? I would like to use these all the time. But unfortunately the clients were the ones that bought them and I was silly enough not to check the make out.

And, has anyone had any of these leak at all?

I hope you all know what I am talking about

Cheers

Mcalpine?? I find these traps work really well. Never had a problem with leaks on these.

I think I know what you mean mutley racers,

I responded to a post recently which might give you some information:

Having installed acrylic baths of the 1980s and 1990s with the 'banjo' type plastic waste fitting, I soon learned that stains of the cieling cost money and eat profit. Best thing for a banjo type waste is the bin.

Hence, I have always fitted the best quality pop-up waste the customer can afford. These used to be branded as 'bette' wastes from the trusted German manufacturer, but bristan do one now which is the same. However, do not be fooled by things that look the same in pictures but are not.

See the diagram here [DLMURL="http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/INSTRUC.%20PDF-1029039-D1.PDF"]http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/Brist...1029039-D1.PDF[/DLMURL]

and note that item 7 is flange washer that fits both above and below the bath waste outlet. The washer has dual purpose and needs no silicone or sealant, and neither does the overflow.

Another advantage of this type of pop-up (usually betwen ÂŁ20-ÂŁ40) is that it can make a ÂŁ100 pressed steel bath look like a million dollars. They are neat, tidy and you won't have leaks on these.

Read more: Leaky bath waste

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bath and shower wastes, combined washer?/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one washer in which the instructions clearly state that it should be placed underneath the sink. My question is, shouldn't there be a washer between the...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts up against the plastic shoulder ensuring the rubber seal is pressed against the end Face of the waste. im able to screw the nut up but even when its...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a new bathroom, and changing the layout. I've fitted one bathroom before, but I did have issues with smells occasionally, that makes me think I might be fitting the waste system wrong. Does anyone with experience know, does the below look okay? I've read on some places...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock