Discuss bath wastes sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kwlondon

Can anyone tell me what is the max length of a 40mm bath waste running into a 110mm stack before I have to up-size to 50mm?:confused:

KW London

On a single stack max length of 40mm should be no more than 3m

Thanks guys, wastes are just on 3m so we should be inside tolerances.

The answer that it doesn't matter is wrong!!!! The limit is 3.0m beyond this (or if you have problems) you should consider installing some method of ventilating the pipe IE running an additional pipe to allow air into the system to prevent the foramtion of a vacuum in the pipe as water flows through it or putting an air admittance valve in the system. With 50mm pipe you only allowing an additional 1m (limit 4m).

hi was just wondering even if the nearest stack was say 5 metres away and 4 being longest point for the waste on the bath (when upped to 50mm pipe). what is the solution
a whole new stack ?

tees with 1/1/2 durgos in line to entrain air into the run. We did a very large house that had a ring beam plate steel grid on top floor so all wastes had to been run above the floor and the architects decided they didnt want to see soilpipes on the front of building. Same silly twats or won designer of the year on C4 Grand designs by the way. We had 50mm runs in excess of 7 mtrs and all worked fine.

if you cant get you r tolerances on a single stack system then you need to adjust to single stack modified!
The problem i see with durgos (although i do use them when i have to ) is that not inly do you need air to enter the system but also exit!! a durgo has non return so how can air escape if need be to give an equal positive nad negative pressure in the pipe work??
I can t see the main stack vent doing this as although it is 4" to the termination its axillary purpose is to vent the manhole hence such a large termination. Most fixture unit rating on a domestic property could really se you use a 50mm stack vent but venting the manhole prevents this!

hi , if 40mm max length is 3 meters
and if 50mm max length is 4 meters

can a bath have 2.5 meters of 40mm and joint and then 3.5 meters of 50mm?? giving total 6 meters?

Check Building Regs approved document H, it says you can use an anti vac or resealing trap if the runs are longer than stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bath wastes sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a new shower tray to install that has come with a shower waste trap with 40mm output. The waste needs to run around 3.5m to 4m before...
Replies
Views
C
I am building an extension and need to connect a 40mm waste outlet from the bath into a new foul water system. I spoke to building control and...
Replies
Views
M
I will be starting my bathroom refit next week - would like some views on how to run the waste - have tried to draw a plan showing how waste will...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
D
Hi All, Can anyone advise me if there is a minimum distance between multiple boss connections into a stub soil stack where they all enter the...
Replies
Views
Paulplumb
P
U
I have been asked to insulate some outside waste pipes as these have frozen up and the inside sinks/basins no longer drain away..... (They poured...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock