Discuss Bending 22mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a hand held device, in the year 2015, is backward?
Too much effort? Too pull a simple bend?

If you're really too weak to pull a bend on a hand held machine have a look at ROTHENBERGER ROBEND® 3000 - Portable, sturdy power bender for cold bending up to 180°, 12 - 28 mm (1/2" - 7/8")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE00xW0Wn0k

Yours for a mere £1,195.00 Rothenberger Robend 3000 Electric Tube Bender 2.5705/2.5706 240/110v | ProToolsDirect

Unless you are pulling hundreds of bends exactly the same it will take longer than bending by hand and is a damn site heavier than my hand bender at 13 Kg.

Looking at the video I reckon I can set up my stand bender and pull a 28 bend quicker than with that machine. My stand bender will also do 35 which the machine won't.

I would say a hand held device, in the year 2015, is backward?
Too much effort? Too pull a simple bend?

If pulling a 22 bend is too much effort then you either need to hit the gym or drive a desk. Find a way thats comfortable with you. I stick a leg on the floor and lean on it. Just make sure you dont do it on a fancy floor and put a ding in it :)

You could always shove a length of metal pipe over each of the hand benders arms to give more leverage. And if you really want to make it easy you could make a frame for to hold it all in, thus keeping it fixed, higher & steady. OR - just buy a stand bender! :smile:
On a serious note - Don't forget that the hand benders often have a square centre as they are also designed for to clamp the bender horizontally into a decent vice to make bending easier.

Hi simon why should I go too the gym, too bend copper pipe in 2015?
It is a struggle, too bend 22mm copper pipe on a basic bender?
Not floor mounted?:tounge_smile:

How has this thread reached 3 pages?

If you'd like to use an electric bender then look at rems. They do one but tisnt cheap.

Plumbing and heating is one of if not the most expensive trade to be in. Constant renewals,updates, insurances, qualifications, materials cost etc so when you can you don't spend £1800 when £65 will do and has done for many years.

now thread reached nearly 4 pages,thought op would be back to say the header was about bending plastic pipe.....

:21:

Hi simon why should I go too the gym, too bend copper pipe in 2015?
It is a struggle, too bend 22mm copper pipe on a basic bender?
Not floor mounted?:tounge_smile:

Cant understand how using a hand bender is hard work. Like i said, if you think that is hard work then maybe your username should be learndeskjockey rather than learnplumb.

Mind you I wouldnt mind a light saber for coring through walls.

Cant understand how using a hand bender is hard work. Like i said, if you think that is hard work then maybe your username should be learndeskjockey rather than learnplumb.

Mind you I wouldnt mind a light saber for coring through walls.
I was assisting on a boiler install once and we had to core through 2 3/4 inch iron rods that went through the external walls of a multistory building.. took 2 of us about 5 hours with constant drilling.. a light sabre would have been AMAZING!!!

In response to learnplumb, dude I'm not heman either, but if you can't bend 22mm copper how you gonna hang boilers?? How you even gonna get the boiler in the property?

Is this the 2nd wind up post, this and the toilet with isolated water that won't stop dripping.. Are we in April already? Or am I just on too many meds :)

I've got a swing bender that'll do 42mm tube now that's a work out even for me and all 17 stone that resides within me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bending 22mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back