Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best tank connector for OLD galvanised steel tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might need to add a new tank connector to the existing cold water tank to feed a pumped shower( not power shower). I can't replace the old tank very easily as the loft hatch is very small, my shoulders only just fit.
So is any tank connector better than any other for the old galvanised tank or an I never going to manage to seal it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

A very rusty tank is better not messed about with.
Another option, especially if the tank is to be replaced in the future, is to fit a pipe from the top of tank & down into the tank, about 3 inches from the bottom. Just put a valve on the pipe at floor level & clip it all well. Once it starts syphon, it will work & will do until the tank is replaced.

Tank is about 2.5-3ft cube. I hope to god it doesn't need replacing in future. Thinking about it I would replace it with a 50gall coffin tank in the front loft and run 22 or 28 to the old tank position. I can just get a coffin tank in front loft. Have 1 there currently feeding a powered shower.

Should mention that the hot water cylinder does supply 5 holiday apartments. But all apartments run electric showers, so only sinks using hot water.

Thanks

Undersized! And a holiday home. So it's got a Bylaws kit and is compliant with g3 ?

Undersized! And a holiday home. So it's got a Bylaws kit and is compliant with g3 ?

g3: The installation has not changed since 2008. I am assuming that any changes need to comply with section G3 of building regs but I was not aware it was retrospective. Is it?

Coffin tank does have bylaw kit and it only feeds 1 powered shower (not power shower).

Cheers

Potentially modifying yes. I therefore assume that I have to comply with part G of building regs?

Looks like I will have to get a pro in, unless I can just connect new pumped shower (not power) to existing coffin tank that has bylaw kit etc.

You need to get rid of that old iron tank asap, seen to meny bottoms drop out of these, not counting the amount of stuff that is going into the water system, have you had a look inside the tank ??

you can get through a hatch means a rolled round tank can get through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best tank connector for OLD galvanised steel tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock