Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleeding Radiators in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Maybe a silly question here, but is bleeding radiators, one in particular! Every 3 Months roughly.
Is this normal on a combi boiler? or should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance everyone 😊

Is it air or hydrogen? Once a system, beit sealed or open vented is filled and initially bled there should be no build-up of gases. Every three months suggests there's a problem somewhere.

Is it air or hydrogen? Once a system, beit sealed or open vented is filled and initially bled there should be no build-up of gases. Every three months suggests there's a problem somewhere.
Whats the best way of finding out if its air or hydrogen?
I've just bled the radiators so probably wont need bleeding for 3 months or so!

Replace Boiler & offending radiator.

If the problem persists after boiler and radiator replacement, it's a normal problem.

Personally, I would persist with the problems of bleeding the radiators until the boiler stops working for good.

I do... and have been waiting for my boiler to give up and die for more than 10 years.

If it was hydrogen it would pop if you put a lit match to it. The next time you vent the radiator vent it into an upturned cup and put a match to it. Don't catch too much of a sample and be careful if you do try that. Hydrogen is odourless, however hydrogen sulphide produces a rotten egg smell. Hydrogen sulphide is caused by a bacterial problem.

Reply to Bleeding Radiators in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock