Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss blocked secondary h exchange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ansell0

hi all need some help please, i had a new boiler fitted on the cheap and it seems like the bloke who done it never flushed or cleaned the system first. now ive had to take the secondary h/exchange out 4 times now to clean it because it keeps getting blocked with little black bits?? rust??? whatever it is and stopping my dhw getting hot it was fine at first then kept getting less hot until virtualy lukewarm until i clean the h/e out then its red hot again .can anyone advise me please..

Should have accepted the more expensive quote, would probs have got a powerflush and magnaclean fitted!

Try calling back the installer / bloke...

hi all need some help please, i had a new boiler fitted on the cheap and it seems like the bloke who done it never flushed or cleaned the system first. now ive had to take the secondary h/exchange out 4 times now to clean it because it keeps getting blocked with little black bits?? rust??? whatever it is and stopping my dhw getting hot it was fine at first then kept getting less hot until virtualy lukewarm until i clean the h/e out then its red hot again .can anyone advise me please..

Seems you got what you paid for
A cheap crap job

yes suppose you get what you pay for and i have fitted a fernox tf1 to the system on the return pipe done it all by the instructions and it still bypasses the tf1 and blocking my h/e up???????????? what else can i do now???

yes suppose you get what you pay for and i have fitted a fernox tf1 to the system on the return pipe done it all by the instructions and it still bypasses the tf1 and blocking my h/e up???????????? what else can i do now???

Get a decent plumber in

but if its something i can do , might save me some money
not being funny mate buttt, you aint going to be able to save money on a job like this , this happens everyday to people that done know anything about having gas work done, Firstly and most importantly i cannot stress enough and im pretty sure every other gsre on this forum feels this way- was he Gas Safe Registered?, 2ndly did you have a the system flused?, and correct chemicals and inhibitor added? if not then your in trouble as it also invalidates your manufacturers warranty, get a gas safe engineer in, he''l sort it or maybe not, we dont like sorting sumone elses work out so be prepared for the bill, not being rude or anything but im pretty sure that everyone that has viewed this has thought exactly what im thinking(not going to go into it),
get a gsr engineer out he'l sort it, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, we all lose work to the "cash in hand bloke" so i dont have much sympathy when stuff like this happens... in fact it makes me feel warm inside =]

could need new rads.

most probably needs a good flush, rads taking off, cleaned out etc etc.

probably get it done for 300-400 quid (prob more than you paid for the labour on the boiler installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blocked secondary h exchange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock