Discuss Boiler issues not firing after refill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Valve and pump arrangement

Attachments

• 20230316_172407.jpg
    20230316_172407.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 14
Right so its not open vented.

Typically sealed systems are incredibly easy to get air locks out of.

Just to be sure, that's an old photo right? As your pump and valves aren't wired in.

Need a photo above the boiler of pipework arrangement too and one inside to tell you where to vent the heat exchanger, surprised though with a sealed system the pump won't clear that.

Check what speed your pump is set too and then turn it down to 1 which is the slowest, this may help prevent cavitation until the air clears

Right so its not open vented.

Typically sealed systems are incredibly easy to get air locks out of.

Just to be sure, that's an old photo right? As your pump and valves aren't wired in.

Need a photo above the boiler of pipework arrangement too and one inside to tell you where to vent the heat exchanger, surprised though with a sealed system the pump won't clear that.

Check what speed your pump is set too and then turn it down to 1 which is the slowest, this may help prevent cavitation until the air clears

Attachments

• 20230325_171104.jpg
    20230325_171104.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 10
Try this. No guarantee that it will work but you have few options. Completely lose the bottom pump valve. Slowly loosen the top pump valve's compression nut, water / air will bleed out and may be enough to release the air lock.

Close all but one rad closest to the boiler upstairs turn ch on and ramp the pump upto 3 if it’s not already on it and let it run

Reply to Boiler issues not firing after refill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock