Discuss British Gas MD to get 10 million pound golden handshake! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry - I have a mate called Chris Howser, so when I see "Howsie" I automatically think of Chris!

The taking the money off shore part.

We don't know whether he will do that or not, but the principle of legally reducing tax liability is something that we all do - even if its just buying duty free on the way back from a holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because its legal doesn't make it right. But everyone seems to be at it and maybe it's me dreaming of a better world...

Amazon. Starbucks. Google. /repeat

And we have moved into complete speculation. Even the Journo who wrote the original article didnt descend to attacking a man for what he hasn't even done!

He's not walking away with a package worth ÂŁ10m.

Lets just take one part of his package, his options. He will have been granted options at various times during his tenure at BG. These options have a vesting timeline and a strike price (the price he buys them at). Say he had 100 options at a strike price of 40p. That means each of his shares are worth 60p of profit to him once he's purchased them. So to say his package includes the price he has to pay for them is simple wrong and intentionally misleading. Many people will read that headline and believe it. It isn't true.

The 'devil will always try and escape through the detail' - just as Bankers will argue that their massive bonuses are not paid in cash!

The issue re this pay-off (or whatever term might be used) is quantifiable by the the value accrued by Bentley during his time at BG, and quite possibly no one but BG and Bentley will know exactly what the total value is.

One can nit-pick over quantum, however, the bottom line is that it is a massive leaving package which has been made possible by the hold BG have over consumers of energy.

Over the past 10 years BG have taken the lead in raising energy prices (at least 90% of the time) and within a few weeks the other companies follow suite.

BG raise their price, then there is a load of nonsense put out about saving money by switching, and then the going rate set by the six members of the cartel becomes the norm. Many of those who have switched find that it's been a load of hassle, and that within a few months they are no better off, and some may be worse off.

The business of switching energy provider has created a nice little earner for some website "entrepreneurs" who have been able to make their fortunes out of perpetuating the myth that people can save money due to competition in the energy market.

The context of this payoff is part of the disgrace and condemnation of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just glad they didn't publish the ÂŁ300.00 pay off I received when we went our separate ways. The back lash I would have got from that is un thinkable lol.

I'm just glad they didn't publish the ÂŁ300.00 pay off I received when we went our separate ways. The back lash I would have got from that is un thinkable lol.

Only 300 quid!

Hmm, perhaps you didn't meet your powerflush targets!

Pointing out lies isn't nit picking though.

I don't agree with bankers taking huge bonuses but the misrepresentation of facts is what they did and the journo is doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas MD to get 10 million pound golden handshake! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock