Search the forum,

Discuss british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just came back ....been working for BG for the last 16 weeks ...

If you went to price a job that Tamz had been to earlier and priced
He'd be wasting his time because i have some gift of the gab at selling myself and when i'm done they know i walk the walk.

The small guy is only as good as his last job. Mess it up and your kids starve :lol:

BG are the big boys , lots of money to advertise with .

Same thing happens in Electronics when you take on Panasonic its just Business !

( Don't be ashamed to support your employer ...
its usefull to know what they are up to ! )

A high percentage of installation work is carried out by contractors.
They are still operatives of British Gas and working on their behalf so that's no excuse.

It's obvious that the installer patched the condensate pipe connection with a sealant, more than likely silicone. A proper condensate tee connection to the waste is required and any installer that values their reputation and cares for their customer's property would have fitted one at the outset.

Doodlebug, it's admirable that you are wanting to address this complaint, but in my opinion, you should stick to your own back yard before a flood gate of customers complaints land on your doorstep via this forum.

Up here, Scottish Gas are not too bad, except for their heavy handed sales tactics for items that are not needing replaced.

LOL. No that was me.

I see what your doing now. Doing your own work, then when it goes bad, your say, 'I'm BG love' to the customer and run away.

Bg do nothing wrong, it's Danny working all over the country bodging things up, is this some kind of master plan

Why won't he make friends. Surely you you judge people by who they are and what they say rather than who employs them.

If someone came on here, or anywhere for that matter slagging of something personal to me, I would defend it all the way.

The thing is with BG is people will never change their opinion of them good or bad, so these threads, although highly interesting are pointless to a point.
and monotonously repetetive in an entertaining sort of way

They are still operatives of British Gas and working on their behalf so that's no excuse.

It's obvious that the installer patched the condensate pipe connection with a sealant, more than likely silicone. A proper condensate tee connection to the waste is required and any installer that values their reputation and cares for their customer's property would have fitted one at the outset.

Doodlebug, it's admirable that you are wanting to address this complaint, but in my opinion, you should stick to your own back yard before a flood gate of customers complaints land on your doorstep via this forum.

Up here, Scottish Gas are not too bad, except for their heavy handed sales tactics for items that are not needing replaced.

I will never defend poor workmanship, whether it was British Gas or not, but what I will say is, "it will be sorted".

By the way System3, I'm more than happy to deal with any customer complaints, as long as I'm given a work request number, that's all I need. I would never ask for customer details as that is confidential, but any job can be traced via a work request number.

Don't make me angry!
tu7uzesu.jpg

All comments aside it would be good for a report back from the op on the outcome of this.

By the way System3, I'm more than happy to deal with any customer complaints, as long as I'm given a work request number, that's all I need. I would never ask for customer details as that is confidential, but any job can be traced via a work request number.
Again that's admirable that you want to both help and defend your employer, but you shouldn't have to do this. So far your companies complaint procedure has failed dismally having taken 2 weeks for a return visit, that has still not rectified the problem. It's as if the OP's problem with his condensate was not deemed to be important enough.

Let me describe my customer service. I had surgery last Tuesday and was back at my customers bathroom installation the next day. That's the main difference between a small business and a large conglomerate like British Gas, the smaller business will always "push the boat out" to make sure his bread and butter business doesn't suffer through a bad reputation while BG being the size that they are can in many cases swallow up complaints without much damage to either their workflow or their reputation.

Unfortunately in the case of any business, it's easier to get a bad reputation than a good one. People love gossip and bad news creates that. That is why most small businesses cannot afford such a terrible customer service as the OP has received.

Hahahahaha, this thread was bound to happen. I'm just gutted I've missed the best bits!

Bet the OP is glad he paid well over the odds now. What a rip.

ok so i see peeps defending bg and blaming subbies.
so a customer had an issue with bg and contacted me to service their fire.i attended but was unable to complete service as closure plate was fixed behind a marble panel(serviced by bg for ten years prior to me)so was unable to inspect catchment space,she got her son to remove marble so as i could proceed with service and to my horror i found the chimney full up to the letter box opening,cleaned it all out complete with 6 dead birds,took photos and notified heard nothing.wonder why?1 mistake maybe 10 i dont think so.

ok so i see peeps defending bg and blaming subbies.
so a customer had an issue with bg and contacted me to service their fire.i attended but was unable to complete service as closure plate was fixed behind a marble panel(serviced by bg for ten years prior to me)so was unable to inspect catchment space,she got her son to remove marble so as i could proceed with service and to my horror i found the chimney full up to the letter box opening,cleaned it all out complete with 6 dead birds,took photos and notified heard nothing.wonder why?1 mistake maybe 10 i dont think so.

I had this a few weeks ago. "Serviced" for 6 years by BG, I took it out to find a full catchment space and the customer said the fire had never been removed during the previous services.

By the way not here to argue,just point out that they are not the A TEAM they make out to be.

Again that's admirable that you want to both help and defend your employer, but you shouldn't have to do this. So far your companies complaint procedure has failed dismally having taken 2 weeks for a return visit, that has still not rectified the problem. It's as if the OP's problem with his condensate was not deemed to be important enough.

Let me describe my customer service. I had surgery last Tuesday and was back at my customers bathroom installation the next day. That's the main difference between a small business and a large conglomerate like British Gas, the smaller business will always "push the boat out" to make sure his bread and butter business doesn't suffer through a bad reputation while BG being the size that they are can in many cases swallow up complaints without much damage to either their workflow or their reputation.

Unfortunately in the case of any business, it's easier to get a bad reputation than a good one. People love gossip and bad news creates that. That is why most small businesses cannot afford such a terrible customer service as the OP has received.

You see this is what I'm struggling with here, I really can't see how this customer has been ignored, it just doesn't make sense, British Gas are now working harder than ever to retain customers and grow the bushiness, in the past the company have been losing as many customers as they have been gaining so as you can imagine with there being a lot more big boys out there trying to muscle in and take customers from British Gas (you've seen and heard the adverts), the company have had a wake up call, that they need to grow and not stand still, there's too much competition now. I would be very interested to find out more about this case as this really wouldn't be allowed to happen on my patch. I know as much as you about this case, all I can do is read the first post and make assumptions, we have no hard facts on this at present, so until we know more, I think we need to sit back and watch this space, I'm still waiting for a pm so I can help with this. Work request number is all I need.

I had this a few weeks ago. "Serviced" for 6 years by BG, I took it out to find a full catchment space and the customer said the fire had never been removed during the previous services.

Im not going to lie, I've been behind some British Gas engineers and found the same, they get a very angry phone call from me. I'm tired of saying this now but, I will say it again "I know British Gas aren't perfect" (forget the A-Team adverts) but show me a company the size of British Gas that doesn't make mistakes.

By the way not here to argue,just point out that they are not the A TEAM they make out to be.

I agree but only from my experiences however that accounts for only a small percentage of the work that bg carries out.....

P.s im drunk:):beer:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Customer has not been ignored, but taking 2 weeks as the OP has said to return to fix a mistake that should not have happened in the first place is NOT good customer service.

For the sake of the OP, I also hope that the situation gets resolved.....and soon.

I learnt very quickly not to listen to a word a customer says. I had a woman say to me once, that fires never been taken out like tht before.

'Yes it has dear, I did it last year' I pulled the leisure plate off and sure enough as always I'd signed the back.

I think customers will always say what you want to hear. It's a psychology thing I think, they want you to feel good so you do a good job.

Actually, she asked me why I had taken it out, I think she thought I didn't know what I was doing at first lol.

The catchment space was literally a foot deep with soot and twigs.

I can tell from your posts (Tom and Doodle) that you obviously take your work seriously and don't cut corners, but its pretty obvious that many of your colleagues do.

Customer has not been ignored, but taking 2 weeks as the OP has said to return to fix a mistake that should not have happened in the first place is NOT good customer service.

For the sake of the OP, I also hope that the situation gets resolved.....and soon.

I'd have been round the following day, regardless of the day/time it was. That's the difference.

Very true, I've lost count how many times a customer has said "what's that?" (Pointing at my u-gauge) I've never seen anyone do this before, the engineer last year never did this" and sure enough, when I look at who was there last, yes it was me and I know for sure that I did use my u-gauge last year as I know 100% that I do the job right every time.
rule 1 : never trust a customer
rule 2 : always trust your sense
rule 3 : get paid and move along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock