Discuss bs en 806-3 pipesize in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yeah that explains a bit, the pressure loss/gain when elevated would be the same regardless of pipe size. the only difference is the fact that 6700 or 8338 gives the opportunity to work out the total head loss and 806 doesn't. I'm assuming that the pressure loss would then need to be worked out by the designer to produce a minimum of 1 bar dynamic pressure at any fittings.

so I am also assuming that because the simplified method (806) does not account for fittings or for losses through valves then the designer would have to take fittings as a percentage loss and valves as metres head lost when working out pressure loss within the pipework to make sure that the 1 bar pressure available at taps is achieved.

806:3 does what is say on the tin -
As far as I can see it simply provide a quick way of selecting pipe sizes for H&C systems against the appliance supplied from it, within a set pressure range.
Given that most modern systems are high pressure so pipe / fitting losses have such a small effect on the discharge would we need to alway calculate these ?

Do a couple of simple calc's using 6700, one high (say 3+ bar) one low (say 3 metre head) using the same fittings each time.
Then think about the advantage of using 806 in real life albeit with the limitations.

The only other way I can put it would be, if I was planning for a building with 6 loading units and 25 metres height, with an initial pressure of 3 bar, then surely the 15mm pipe recommended in 806 would be no good due to the initial loss of head on vertical riser
You need to think about it logically, and separate static heads from friction losses. It might help to have a talk with your tutor to get you started. If you're working on a heating system, and it sounds like you are, it's almost certainly a closed loop so there is no net static pump differential. But you still need to ensure there is positive pressure (ie above atmospheric) at the highest point. Maybe you're aware of that, hence reference to 25m height and 3bar.

nobody asked for homework to be done chuck, the forum is about asking questions that we are unsure of, if you have nothing good to say then best say nothing
Now don't spoil the thread it was meant only as a bit of fun I am sure.

GSR & going to Uni, I am impressed tell us more?
Practical with thirst for knowledge, a man after my own heart, I would have loved the opportunity to study, its taken 40 years still I guess that is Plumbing for you.

Reply to bs en 806-3 pipesize in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock