Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bubbling noise in cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nigel purnell

I have a vented system run by a potterton kingfisher boiler. When the hot water is switched on the you can hear the water being pumped around the system. after afew minutes there is a loud bubbling/ Gurgling noise coming from the Hot water cylinder near the feed from the boiler, that lasts for 10 secs then again after 30secs and continues on and off. The radiators have a lot of air i have bled them all but they fill up with air over night. I have checked the small tank which is full and no water is being vented back into this tank. Just before the gurgling you can hear a hissing sound that gets louder until the gurgling starts.
Where is all the air coming from and how do i stop the noise????

Air can only get in to the system from the expansion/vent pipe. Sounds like there could be a blockage some where on the feed.

How sure are you that no water is being vented into the F&E tank? Have you looked at the vent whilst the gurgling noise is actually happening? I'm wondering if your coil has split...

Call a local plumber or find 1 on here that is nearby that can help

Sorry for the delay ive been trying a few things. I have checked the pump OK, Vent Ok Seperator OK Feed OK
The bubbling noise is at 40c and sends hot water in a short burst into the small tank via the vent pipe and again after about a minute.?????When i turn down the hot water thermostat it stops and It doesnt do it when the diverter turns the central heating on???
How can i test the diverter and the cylinder coil ??

clear water could be indication of heat exchanger been scaled up :) after you washed it did you put inhibitor in the system ?
what is the state of the expansion tank ?

Its an old cast iron heatex, believe me, it is rusted/scaled up. The waterways are reduced in diameter and cannot dissipate the heat quick enough and the water boils/kettles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bubbling noise in cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock