Search the forum,

Discuss burner pressures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Been lumped onto servicing which normally dont do so can someone clarify what burner pressures i should be getting please for 24 to 28 kw boilers.

Depends on boiler make and model. You need to refer to the data badge and check it accordingly.

sorry should have been bit more clearer, working on social housing lack of MI's as usual and have come across occasional appliance in past where data tag is a mess, what occurs in then?

I normally ring the manufacturers tech line and ask for the info. Flame pic will give you an indication, as will FGA readings, but Ideally you need to know what they should be in order to check them and adjust accordingly

would be right in thinking a gas rate be good indicator as well?

Yeah in theory, but if it has no data badge, how do you know the figure you get is actually what it should be? It's a pain when the data badge has been ripped off, I have a little netbook that I've loaded on several thousand manuals so I can get the info I need without having to ring manufacturers.

Yeah in theory, but if it has no data badge, how do you know the figure you get is actually what it should be? It's a pain when the data badge has been ripped off, I have a little netbook that I've loaded on several thousand manuals so I can get the info I need without having to ring manufacturers.

Yeah i do the same with a net book, i keep it in the bag that came with my kane analyser, and house my multimeter in their as well.

no data badge, no MI = NO SERVICE, unless you have absolute clear product knowledge, as you cannot confirm you have enough info to confirm appliance safety, a bit OTT i agree, but when the big bad man asks you why you thought you could do these checks on an appliance you do not know, you will be in soapy

if there is no data badge then how do you even know the basics like if the appliance is for natural gas/lpg? im with kirkgas.

Well if there is a gas meter with pipework leading from it to the boiler, I'm happy to assume its Natural gas. If the boiler case states "Joe Bloggs 24 cdi" for example, I will then ring the "joe Bloggs" tech line and confirm the appliance and ask for the burner pressures which I will then check and adjust accordingly. Simples.

if its a 24kw boiler and you get that gas rating it and the fga checks out ok ? why then do you need to do burner pressure ?

so you are assuming that the person who fitted the boiler in the first place did so correctly? personally i would assume nothing.

I had one today Worcester 240 RSF. Screw for burner pressure wouldn't turn and as I have a habbit of snapping screws I was reluctant to force this one. No MI, I'm sure the boiler is a 24kw but the heat input is 30kw for DHW. Gas Rated this at 29kw, FGA 0.0007. Working pressure. Seals, flame picture and burner insulation all good. I had a cooker and a boiler it took me 1.5 hours is that normal for a landlord certificate 2 appliances. Or am I just slow?

its around 10mb for 24kw boilers aint it ?
Guessing/assuming is not good enough as far as I am concerned. Off top of my head a Worc. 24 CDI BP is 13mbar to name but one.

Ideally,(although rarely carried out) it is good practice to do BP & Gas Rate where possible. How do you know the correct injector is in place otherwise. It is possible to have an LPG nozzle not been swapped for a gas one or vise-versa. Doing a Gas Rate and BP would indicate this as the readings would not tally up.

As others mentioned, unless you know the appliance settings, in the absence of a data plate, MI's or info from manufacturer you should not be carrying out any work on the appliance. Simple as that.

1.5 hours for cooker and boiler , took me about hour and quarter to do each boiler service today not sure if thats slow but then i'm usually install. As far as i'm concerned working with gas isn't a race rather take my time and double check again if not sure .

Well if there is a gas meter with pipework leading from it to the boiler, I'm happy to assume its Natural gas. If the boiler case states "Joe Bloggs 24 cdi" for example, I will then ring the "joe Bloggs" tech line and confirm the appliance and ask for the burner pressures which I will then check and adjust accordingly. Simples.

ive seen lpg water heater connected to natural gas

its around 10mb for 24kw boilers aint it ?

the old baxi 401 back boiler on mid position is 9.7mb, but it means nothing really as you need settings from the MI to check and confirm, burner pressure doesnt equal load or flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burner pressures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock