Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can anyone identify this radiator please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keeno

I have changed TRV inserts but cant bleed the air from the system as the bleed valves are stuck shut. I have tried brass keys which present a round shape with square corners but seem too big, and aluminium keys which are more square but they break. I also tried a circular cutting tool to make a slot for a screwdriver but still wont budge. If I can find the make of rad, that may help. Many thanks. Keeno

rad1.jpg rad2.jpg

Theres a few manufacturers that make rads like that, Its still a standard bleed nipple whoever makes it, TBH they are garbage, sorry but it may be less bother to fit another one .

myson round top age about 10-15 years old

its more likely an older barlow (quinn). Mysons were normally on the end untill the little hex/nipple carp was introduced.

if you want to keep the rad you could try and fit an easibleed

Last edited:
its more likely an older barlow (quinn). Mysons were normally on the end untill the little hex/nipple carp was introduced.

if you want to keep the rad you could try and fit an easibleed

weren't the barlows the ones with double connections eg top and bottom ? (bit before my time :D )

Try BES item 7499 [DLMURL]https://www.bes.co.uk/product/115a~PL~2099~-RADIATOR-KEYS-AND-ALLEN-KEY.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
easibleed... now that is genius! Thanks. I'll try it. (what could possibly go wrong? !!! )

I sent the pictures to Quinn / Barlow and Mysons. They all say no, not ours...
I have now managed to bleed 6 out of 7 rads with a broken aluminium key plus vice-grips. The only real issue is the one I attacked with the circlular cutter blade, so may just replace that rad soon. House is warm. Thanks to everyone who has offered help here. Great forum!

I sent the pictures to Quinn / Barlow and Mysons. They all say no, not ours...
I have now managed to bleed 6 out of 7 rads with a broken aluminium key plus vice-grips. The only real issue is the one I attacked with the circlular cutter blade, so may just replace that rad soon. House is warm. Thanks to everyone who has offered help here. Great forum!

if you can try and get the rad warm you might have better luck

For rounded off bleed nipples I use a brass key that ive cut the first couple of mm off with a junior, as you say the brass keys have a chamfer on them so will sometimes slip on a rounded off bleed nip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone identify this radiator please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock