Search the forum,

Discuss Can I Swage Gas Pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The hand held expanders are terrible things. They split the side wall of the pipe immediately. They are too aggressive.

You have to anneal the copper first before using them.
If you use coiled copper and cut the tube with pipe cutters, you have to remove the burr completely.
We used to use them all the time - not so much anymore due to pressfit fittings.

Saying that we did a 65mm gas main recently and decided to solder the joints due to cost of fittings.
We even pulled out the branch pullers for tees and the expanders for swaging.

72C2BEF0-5A08-4AA4-A23A-344B9EA98F75.jpeg Still buy them

Reply to Can I Swage Gas Pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock