Discuss Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not got around to trying to taking my cistern lid off (I was the original poster)

The thing is, do I need to, I was only going to have a look inside, its brand new from the B&Q Cooke & Lewis range, will it of been tested for leaks before leaving the factory...?

Cheers........

being from b+q it will have siamp innards which are rubbish

Oh, is it best to change the inards now then and what for? it wasn't a cheapo item from the store, it was around £600 and was delivered direct, its by a make begining with "C"....?

Oh, is it best to change the inards now then and what for? it wasn't a cheapo item from the store, it was around £600 and was delivered direct, its by a make begining with "C"....?

fluidmaster,this is good kit,keenly priced try pts or screwfix

dont know if they will leak what will happen is the flush valve will fail quite quickly leaving water into the pan because its to fragile(the valve)and the ballvalve sticks

I too have the lid tight on and no way to get it off?
Lid now removed with a bit of duck tape to lift the big button and a screw driver to flick them out. I then unscrewed the big outer ring.
Had some fun trying to get the lid off as the installing plumber had stuck the lid on with sealant! WTF did they do this for? Excuse the language.
Now to the problem that I found. Having googled an image of the actual Siamp mechanism in french because it is made in Monaco apparently! Compared what that showed to what I was seeing.
The difference seemed to be the RH floater, mine was very low down and the diagram one was placed higher up. So I moved mine down and off and back on at top, so that it is now higher. Cistern now fills up again. However, the pipes seem to be groaning, much like in those old black n white movies. But if I press down buttons a little this noise stops - so I am assuming that I need to tighten up the outer ring, so that it is inside in a firmer way and the buttons are then down further. They seem a little proud at present.
Any thoughts or comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried un screwing the buttons/button holder area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Wonder if anyone can help with this one. I have a toilet bought from B&Q about 7 years ago which has a push button dual flush and a cistern which...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Have been asked to find a spare chrome (dual flush) push button for this wc cistern. Have sent off an email to manufacturer, but does anyone...
Replies
Views
B
First off ... I am not a plumber, and not even someone with any expertise in plumbing at all ... I do struggle with the DIY jobs that involve...
Replies
Views
B
B
Hi all I'm having a few problems with the above - the old valve was leaking causing it to overflow so I went to buy a new valve to replace it...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi all, Got very close to fitting my first toilet at the weekend, but could do with getting a couple of questions answered to get me over the...
Replies
Views
defendertd5
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock