Search the forum,

Discuss Check out my new wrench in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of many perversions in my lifetime, but a tool fetish is really sick!
P.S. I think you overtightened that plug.

I've heard of many perversions in my lifetime, but a tool fetish is really sick!
P.S. I think you overtightened that plug.

LOL !

Have a go at holding a wrench in one hand and an iPhone in the other.... You'd be surprised at the noises that come out of your mouth !!

impressed micky you have the ability to tighten the plug and go for a dump at the same time,thats a impressive grips LOL

impressed micky you have the ability to tighten the plug and go for a dump at the same time,thats a impressive grips LOL

They are really good, cost me the wrong side of 45 quid though.
Honestly, next time your trying to tighten something up and giving it your all, use one hand and film with the other !!

where can i buy one of these off the internet.

I bought mine from PTS Beckenham. Being honest, I've seen them anywhere else.
I've got another short video, I'll upload that later. These wrenches are really good. The grip is so immense that you can actually go the wrong way with the wrench, pump plier wouldn't have the grip. Give me half an hour or so

ok,thanks. im in ireland so may try find a place that will ship to here. l

looks like some wrench and my old one is bet.

Thats a pliers wrench, made by VBW tools in Germany realy high quality hence the price, ive got a couple of the knipex versions but yours looks more solid and simpler to use i also like the look of handles.

Adam, yep exactly right, I think Nerrad Tools have them rebranded? I looked at the Knipex, again a quality product but I was put off by the adjustment sprund steel mechanism. The knipex are also a little bulky in the jaw mind you the Nerrad VB isn't exactly slim.
What these do is give you real confidence, being honest I wouldn't have had as much confidence using my stilsons on this with one hand, loading it as much as I did.

Legionella...my secret is out !!!!!

The Arneg are good but they are a pump plier, completely different animal.:)

Adam, yep exactly right, I think Nerrad Tools have them rebranded? I looked at the Knipex, again a quality product but I was put off by the adjustment sprund steel mechanism. The knipex are also a little bulky in the jaw mind you the Nerrad VB isn't exactly slim.
What these do is give you real confidence, being honest I wouldn't have had as much confidence using my stilsons on this with one hand, loading it as much as I did.

Legionella...my secret is out !!!!!

The Arneg are good but they are a pump plier, completely different animal.:)

The nerrad tool line is offered on the corgi website although i woudnt give them another penny if my life depended on it, that said have you seen the price of knipex pliers wrenches on e-bay lately!

Alright adam and micky.

I'm gonna get new pump pliers soon. I use rothenberger now and I've had CK before, both good.

I seen newer versions of roths here

Rothenberger - Ro-Fast Lock Plier - 10: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

But I'm drawn to the cobras which look like they'll do bigger nuts (stop laughing) which I seen here

Knipex 8701250 Cobra Water Pump Pliers 46 mm Capacity: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

What do you reckon lads? :)

Hey LS. The Nerrad VB and the Knipex plier wrench are completely different in operation. On both of these, they use leverage multiplication in as much as however hard you squeeze the handle, the jaw squeezing is multiplied by 10 times. Both use like a pivot assembly at the jaw and not a direct action like all the pump pliers on the market .... am I making sense ?
These to me are more like at ratchet action open ended spanner that you can adjust the clamping force on the nut/fitting you are working on.
Pump pliers have to rely on teeth on the jaws to grip the flats on a nut/fitting because you simply wouldn't get the grip at the jaws with just direct action handles. Again, does this make sense guys ?

Cheers micky.
I get how they work but I'm just replacing my pump pliers.

Knipex or Rothenberger?

Think I'm gonna get the Knipex Cobra ones :)

Ha ha! no it doesnt make sense, you said they both operate differently then describe them both the same way but i get what your trying to say, they both operate to with the same intention but in slightly different ways. LS i would go for the new version Knipex alligator grips, ive had both the ro-lock pliers and the cobras, the ro-locks are really bulky with small jaw capacity and rust up easily and i find the button on the cobras awkward to use. Make sure you go for the blue and red comfort grip rather than the dipped grip they last longer. Just my 2c

Ha ha! no it doesnt make sense, you said they both operate differently then describe them both the same way but i get what your trying to say, they both operate to with the same intention but in slightly different ways. LS i would go for the new version Knipex alligator grips, ive had both the ro-lock pliers and the cobras, the ro-locks are really bulky with small jaw capacity and rust up easily and i find the button on the cobras awkward to use. Make sure you go for the blue and red comfort grip rather than the dipped grip they last longer. Just my 2c

LOL, my bad, I meant the VB's and Knipex work differently to normal pump pliers... It's late :)

Hmmm.

I've always swerved pliers with buttons but the cobras have been praised by many on here.
Is there a new version of alligators?

Cheers mate

Its the same as the old model but it opens wider, wide enough for the 10" version to get on a pump nut comfortably.

LS, before you commit on some pumps, have a go with the knipex or the nerrad vb.

Nerrad's not for me mate. Looks a good tool. Might get it one day.

Does anyone know of any good tool shops in the north west? :)

I used to go to one in Ormskirk, dunno if it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Check out my new wrench in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock