Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Chrome P-trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Hi

My customer asked me to replace the exisiting hot and cold feed pipes to her cloakroom corner handbasin from copper to chrome plate. She then asked me if i could replace the exisitng plastic p trap with a chrome substitute. I sourced a chrome bottle trap but when i went to fit it I found the back waste pipe was to long for such a small space and sat lower than the exisiting trap pipework

Is there anywhere i can get a chrome p trap from so I can make it a like for like replacement. The alternative being to chip out her immaculate mosaic tiling and brickwork to drop the pipework down plus saw the back off the bottle trap to fit, a painful task in such a samll space.

I hope I have explained this well enough for you to understand my predicament and welcome any advice you have to offer.

Thanks
Plum Bob:)

Only see what's in the McAlpine catalogue.
Can you not fit an extension piece between the sink and the trap to drop the trap level down?

Hi WHPES

Unfortunately its the other way round, the trap sits to low.Will have a look in the MacAlpine catalogue howevor.

Hi Steve

Thats a good point, but the waste I fited was new chrome effect one. Im guesing I would have to hacksaw this and risk damage to the threads??

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chrome P-trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would appreciate any help on the below please. Can I install a reversed P-trap in a run of pipe from my sink to raise pipe? I have an...
Replies
Views
To save me looking, does anyone know if you can get a chromed brass 1 1/4" bottle trap that fits standard 1 1/4" waste pipe (not the smaller...
Replies
Views
P
Hi everyone, I need to run some waste pipes from a dishwasher trap and basin sink to a soil stack is it best doing it all in 40mm or is it best...
Replies
Views
M
Changed bath the other day, crack in bath - store sent me to change it - when i got there - took panel off and waste was too high going into...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock