Search the forum,

Discuss converting from open vent to sealed primary in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red

Hello folks,
converting open vent system to sealed heating system (hot water to remain vented) - the boiler is fine to convert (glowworm ultimate), as is cylinder. I know it needs expansion vessel, safety valve, gauge, filling loop etc. Initial query: can the safety valve go in the airing cupboard (with 'vent' to outside) with the expansion vessel? - all the kits seem to have the gubbins attaching to the vessel, but rules appear to imply that it should have safety valve coming off flow pipe from boiler... Also does it need a tundish off the safety release pipe?
thanks in anticipation

no need for a tundish.
fit a separate pressure gauge in airing cupboard, or fit exp vessel and gauge combo in airing cupboard.
pressure valve can go in airing cupboard if you like. should be on an outside wall and terminate through the wall with an elbow and a tail with a kick on it

many thanks for taking the time to reply...

So basically all the components can go in the airing cupboard away from the boiler..? (cupboard has outside wall)

no need for a tundish.
fit a separate pressure gauge in airing cupboard, or fit exp vessel and gauge combo in airing cupboard.
pressure valve can go in airing cupboard if you like. should be on an outside wall and terminate through the wall with an elbow and a tail with a kick on it

Or an elbow and street, or mushroom cowl.

Or a stopend with a slit and a dent

When I fit Ideal Logic boilers and the PRV outlet is at a reasonable height that a ladder can reach, I keep the pipework for the PRV that Ideal supply and just 'manufacture' mine.

Now, when I am installing any other make of boiler at say 3rd-7th, floor etc, I just use the Ideal PRV pipework I had kept. Stops me climbing to them high heights and risking my neck.

You can replicate the ideal one . Not the brass monster the new one. I posted it awhile ago in hint and tips I think?

You can replicate the ideal one . Not the brass monster the new one. I posted it awhile ago in hint and tips I think?

Well Erm, hints & tips is such a long thread it might take me forever to find it. Could you possibly trace it and tell me what page so I can have a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to converting from open vent to sealed primary in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock