Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cooke & Lewis (B&Q) shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleburger

Fitted one of these the other day the one with the 4inch waste hole in it. The waste hole itself is just a gimmick as there is a reduder ring you fit to it to enable a standard 90mm fast flow waste outlet. However that's all well and good but the reducer ring is screwed to the flange of the waste hole and sealed with silicone to the tray and the installer has to drill the holes and do that. We did it exactly as per the instructions and guess what! All seemed well until yesterday when the joiner phoned to say he was putting the boards down and noticed a tiny wet patch. Went back and it is comming out from the said reducer ring. What a ridiculous idea that thing is. We are going back todat to remove the screws and fiull the holes with liquid ptfe prior to putting them back in and adding more dow corning.

Anyone else fitted these trays?

Never have used any wastes supplied with b&q stuff always supply my own in the past due to poor quality,seem nothing has changed,when pricing explain extra cost of waste fittings included

doesn't sound like using his own waste would have worked. only one thing worse than cheap stuff, cheap custom size stuff.

doesn't sound like using his own waste would have worked. only one thing worse than cheap stuff, cheap custom size stuff.

The waste itself was okay, but as watertight says you can't change the outer flange it is a pointless piece of kit as the actual waste is only 90mm. However you get a 42" dome top as a results which is merely asthetic. The thing is it's brushed chrome well plastic chrome not even shiney. Can't wait until I go to fit the screen.

If its B&q written on it its usually crap.I wont use their stuff unless i have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooke & Lewis (B&Q) shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock