Discuss Credit Card 'Gift' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
When I attended a faulty boiler job on Friday (Keston C40), I informed homeowner that the name Keston means useless and a new boiler will be required. Her response: 'No problem. I trust you. If you think we need a new boiler, then we will go with that. I will give you my credit card so you can use to buy all that you need for the job. For the labour part, I will pay you cash for that. Her husband tried encouraging her to just pay me for attending while they think about it, but she refused to even consider his opinion? I told her it was late and the Friday, so she should leave it with me & I'll get back to her.
Trouble is, I've spent the weekend wondering how to approach the issue?

I am sure that Ray has said to me in the past that as a last resort they will accept a customers card

wait 7 days then ask again if you can then if she gives you the go start ordering

She expects me to get back to her tomorrow. Will talk to her tomorrow and see how things work out. I've had two situations in the past where myself and customer have had to go into Plumbase so she uses her card to pay for stuff ordered. But in this case, she is 'offering' to hand me the card so I use as required. Strange that they're hanging onto their cash as she and her husbands are accountants? Surely, they should be able to fall back onto their reserves!

Why don't you make a material list, price it, put a % on for you and give her the figure.
If she's ok with it proceed.

Get her to write her credit card no. on the quote and sign the quote stating that you can proceed with purchase to that amount.

Order the stuff through whoever and pay the bill with her credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Credit Card 'Gift' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi recently my pre paid gas ran out. I checked and I had 15 credits. I know my mums boiler had the same issue where it shuts off if there are only...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock