Discuss Customer buying boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Seems to be more and more customers asking me to fit a boiler they've bought. Where do you all stand on this?
Had one or two asking me to do them a list of what they need and they'll get it on tinternet, I tell em to order someone to fit it while they're at it!

Seems to be more and more customers asking me to fit a boiler they've bought. Where do you all stand on this?
Had one or two asking me to do them a list of what they need and they'll get it on tinternet, I tell em to order someone to fit it while they're at it!

Ive always worked on a supply and fit basis, if customers want to supply materials then that's fine but if there is a delay to the job because of it then they will pay extra, its the same if the items that they have supplied are faulty then that is there responsibility to return and replace.

As above fine with me, anything wrong it's down to cus to sort and chase about for and can charge for wasted time (agreed before hand)

Yep, just make it clear that if anything goes wrong with anything other than your work then it will be chargeable visits. If wrong parts are supplied or late then you will have to charge time still. Plus you will need to charge them for advising on which parts to order incase they get them and go elsewhere or go it alone.

What I was thinking to be honest. Labour and consumables only, any faffing chargeable, any problems with supplied goods, not my problem

What is the chance of a cust getting the boiler sizing correct!?

If you agree a labour only price
Give them a materials list after they have paid you a deposit for the job

Not a problem, but I tell them to do own research and buy what they want, if you recommend anything and it go's T--s up you will still get the blame, explain that all that comes of the van is your tools, anything else is chargeable , fittings/consumable's etc.. its amazing how this can mount up ! any problems with what they have bought then it is down to them to sort out, running about for parts or hold up's due to there mistakes is chargeable has extras.

materialspolicy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customer buying boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock