Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss date change for OF terminal clearance to roofs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kirkgas

Right, ladies and gentlemen, obviously I know the answer to this and i just want to give you the chance to prove how clever you are ;):eek:

its only for the oldies, remember when we used to determine OF flue height through roof by the angle of the roof? ie less than 45 degrees you had 600mm pipe through the roof, and more than 45 degrees you had 1000mm through the roof, rather than the 1500mm horizontally or 600mm above ridge,
but what i need is the date of the change, thought i had nothing to do but look in IUP and BS5400-1, but for the life of me i cannot see it, it is for someone classifying on service contract and if installed before the rule change they will be NCS, on thinking about it, if passing flue flow and spillage would we agree that even if the were fitted after the rule change and working peoperly they will still be NCS, but its annoying me that i cant find the date change,
cheers

Hi, New terminal locations came in year 2000 as per BS5440-1:2000
Gosh! isn't time flying by.......

Last edited:
Hi, New terminal locations came in year 2000 as per BS5440-1:2000
Gosh! isn't time flying by.......

top banana, cheers, (couldnt find any ref in there today, will re-read it properly)

Impressed, can't believe it was so long ago. Latest version of BS5440 part 1 is 2008. Does anyone know what changes were made from the 2000 edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to date change for OF terminal clearance to roofs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock